EPL Matchday 19

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Traore, great finish. Sterling's poor give away started that goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What the hell is Atkinson doing not playing advantage? Ridiculous call, Wolves were in the box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Fair enough on encroachment if it's just players from one team but if both teams do it cannot understand VAR involvement.
Rule is pretty clear. Encroach and influence the play and it’s a retake. If the attacking side got there first it would be a goal kick

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
It was more the penalty itself. You’d almost never have got that penalty pre-VAR (or even post VAR). Mahrez clearly dived, but technically there was some contact. Very, very weak penalty for me
Rashford got an identical one against Spurs and that was given by the ref. I’d argue VAR means two identical incidents resulted in the same thing which is a positive

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Would have been a decent point given the circumstances of the game. But no real positives now.

And going to be a real struggle against Sheff Utd on Sunday now. We'll be knackered.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rule is pretty clear. Encroach and influence the play and it’s a retake. If the attacking side got there first it would be a goal kick
It says nothing of the sort.

There isnt supposed to be a retake if the penalty is missed and an attacking player encroaches.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wow. What happened here? I had to do something around 77 minutes when City led 2-1 and now they’re about to lose.

Top Bottom