EPL Matchday 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Worrying times for Leicester. Beaten convincingly by both their title race rivals and dropped points at home to Norwich. Need to bounce back Oliver the next few games otherwise their season could unravel. 4th spot wide open.
Leucester could get dragged into it but I can’t see it. They’ve still had an exceptional first half to the season

Maintain the current gap into March and it's done but for now it's still on. If there's a team that could win 19 straight it is City and there are p players returning from injury.
lol you’re having a Giraffe surely. I know most football fans fear the worst a lot of the time but come on now. You’ve won 28 and drawn 1 of your last 29 matches. Go and get your mrs and crack open a bottle of champers ffs

Title race is not over. Despite what anyone says
With a game in hand against West Ham (a win for Liverpool), you're essentially 17 points clear of City. There is no coming back from that, there just isn't.

The official rule states that the pen should not be retaken if an atracker encroaches and it is missed. There is nothing about the position of players in the official FIFA rule.

So for me if both attacking and defending players encroach and Atkinson lets it go originally (rightly IMO) I think it's fair to suggest that VAR shouldnt be intervening.

so in the infamous Vertonghen clearance last season against Arsenal where he was 5 meters inside the penalty area and managed a goal line clearance on the penalty taker. That should be play on as there was also an Arsenal attacker 10 meters away who had taken half a step in??

(thank god for no VAR!:))

4th place looks very competitive at the moment. Can’t see City or Leicester being dragged into a CL fight though. It’s exciting for teams involved in it - especially for those who’ve never or rarely qualify for the CL, but it’s a poor substitute for a title race for the neutral
I think Leicester come back to the pack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol you’re having a Giraffe surely. I know most football fans fear the worst a lot of the time but come on now. You’ve won 28 and drawn 1 of your last 29 matches. Go and get your mrs and crack open a bottle of champers ffs

I'll celebrate when it's done officially. To do so earlier would be the height of arrogance. Am confident of winning it.

so in the infamous Vertonghen clearance last season against Arsenal where he was 5 meters inside the penalty area and managed a goal line clearance on the penalty taker. That should be play on as there was also an Arsenal attacker 10 meters away who had taken half a step in??

(thank god for no VAR!:))

Whatever the original referee decision was should stand. VAR shouldnt be intervening when both teams have players guilty of encroachment, certainly not a clear and obvious error.

Not even worth wasting the energy worrying about the title if you're a Liverpool supporter.

Enjoy it, you can always go back to shitting bricks if the margin drops back under 10 (still a very convincing lead).

Whatever the original referee decision was should stand. VAR shouldnt be intervening when both teams have players guilty of encroachment, certainly not a clear and obvious error.

They should when it's a Wolves player who clears the ball out, that's literally the definition of encroachment.

I'll celebrate when it's done officially. To do so earlier would be the height of arrogance. Am confident of winning it.
It wouldn’t be the height of arrogance to admit you feel like you are going to win it, or think you really should win it. We are well past that stage now. Admittedly you could come across as arrogant the way you put it though

It wouldn’t be the height of arrogance to admit you feel like you are going to win it, or think you really should win it. We are well past that stage now. Admittedly you could come across as arrogant the way you put it though

He enjoys baiting you and others too much.

Encroachment is treated like offside. Black and white regardless of the ref decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Back