EPL Matchday 19

Remove this Banner Ad

They won’t like someone trying to steal their crown. Mark Brades down as another rival.

xnZnHY8.png

I might be missing something but just saw a clip of Pep complaining about the players playing football pretty much non-stop for the last few years, which echos a similar comment from KdB a while ago, but didn't they have a 3 month break from March to June last year just about?

I might be missing something but just saw a clip of Pep complaining about the players playing football pretty much non-stop for the last few years, which echos a similar comment from KdB a while ago, but didn't they have a 3 month break from March to June last year just about?
I’m guessing they would argue that even though they weren’t playing games, they were still training as close to full time as possible in lockdown. From memory there wasn’t really a point where they knew they definitely wouldn’t be playing for 2-3 months and got a proper break.

There was already too much football and this just made it worse. Problem is it’s easy to say that but a lot harder to work out which competitions to cut. Managers being reluctant to use entire squads definitely hasn’t helped though. Those who haven’t might really start to feel the long term pain of that now.

I have no idea how a 3 month break 7 months ago has any relevance to a bloke getting injured now.

Is that a response to me or Pep?

Pep seemingly explained KdB's injury as being because of two full years of football culminating in this injury.

I’m guessing they would argue that even though they weren’t playing games, they were still training as close to full time as possible in lockdown. From memory there wasn’t really a point where they knew they definitely wouldn’t be playing for 2-3 months and got a proper break.

There was already too much football and this just made it worse. Problem is it’s easy to say that but a lot harder to work out which competitions to cut. Managers being reluctant to use entire squads definitely hasn’t helped though. Those who haven’t might really start to feel the long term pain of that now.

I take your point, but with a lot of those squads they were training at home so not even playing practice matches. Doing intense exercise for 3 months is still not the same as match day conditions, so my confusion was Pep seemingly suggesting they'd had no break from playing matches for 2 years. But like I said, maybe I'm just missing something.

Vardy out for a few weeks after minor op on a hernia.

De Bruyne out 4-6 weeks with a hammy

I reckon both teams can cover those outs.

Leicester haven't relied on Vards scoring in the past few weeks. They will put Perez or Iheanacho up top but the midfielders will probably get the goals. Whatever happened to Demarai Gray?

Gundogan is in career best form. Fernandinho can come in. Zinchenko would be the midfield general in most teams. In each game it's hard to know what Cancelo's position is.

If only Ashley would sell... Bruce would be out of there. He took Newcastle backwards badly. Should have got relegated last year, should do this year without some luck
Harsh. He’s just taken the same crap squad back to where they belong after Rafa had them over-achieiving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh. He’s just taken the same crap squad back to where they belong after Rafa had them over-achieiving
Spent a fair bit in the offseason though from memory.

They lack pace in the midfield, you can't play Voldemort in a 2 man CM pairing.

Would love to see Callum Wilson relegated twice though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back