EPL Matchday 2 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

He just chose his words really poorly. He could have just said we've got our football back where diving goes unrewarded and you have to fight through minor challenges. Instead he put Man in there when the Women probably ride tougher challenges and dive less.

Souness was talking off the cuff as a pundit then clarified his comments later. The top level game is between men. He was praising the changes that have seen a return to a more physical game where the refs let them get on with it.

Goal 1:

In relation to the first goal, Chelsea felt there was a foul on Kai Havertz in the build-up but Taylor disagreed. Referees have been told there is a higher threshold for fouls this season to help with the flow of games but VAR did not look closely at it because it wasn't deemed to be in the same attacking phase of play as Tottenham's first goal, scored by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

A potential interference by Richarlison, who was standing in an offside position when Hojbjerg struck the ball, was looked at, but it was decided his position had no negative impact on goalkeeper Edouard Mendy's position.

Goal 2: Taylor does not spot the hair pull, Unlike rugby, football laws do not specifically mention hair-pulling. The video officials must decide whether the extent of the hair pulling is forceful enough to be considered violent conduct, if it is not then it would probably be considered unsporting behaviour and result in a yellow card.

Undoubtedly got lucky on the 2nd goal. Not the first.

We're bigger than both of you now.

Nah.

Much higher revenue with a broken down old stadium half the size of our ST totals and waiting lists.

Once ER is expanded to 60,000 seats, I expect to sit somewhere between West Ham/Leicester and Arsenal in that regard.

Last edited:

Goal 1:

In relation to the first goal, Chelsea felt there was a foul on Kai Havertz in the build-up but Taylor disagreed. Referees have been told there is a higher threshold for fouls this season to help with the flow of games but VAR did not look closely at it because it wasn't deemed to be in the same attacking phase of play as Tottenham's first goal, scored by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

A potential interference by Richarlison, who was standing in an offside position when Hojbjerg struck the ball, was looked at, but it was decided his position had no negative impact on goalkeeper Edouard Mendy's position.

Goal 2: Taylor does not spot the hair pull, Unlike rugby, football laws do not specifically mention hair-pulling. The video officials must decide whether the extent of the hair pulling is forceful enough to be considered violent conduct, if it is not then it would probably be considered unsporting behaviour and result in a yellow card.

Undoubtedly got lucky on the 2nd goal. Not the first.

Hair pulling is maybe like shirt pulling? A yellow card. But if the ref doesn't see it VAR won't intervene.

With the first goal - see previous posts. It was technically the correct decision but I don't agree with the interpretation of the rule - as it doesn't allow for the goalkeeper having to adjust his position for the offside player.

Nah.

Much higher revenue with a broken down old stadium.

Once ER is expanded to 60,000 seats, I expect to sit somewhere between West Ham/Leicester and Arsenal in that regard.

We were sitting 7th on the average amount per fan spent in 18/19.

Behind the big 6.

As you said, infrastructure and facilities also play a big part in the size of a club. So the bigger and better those are also should be factored in.

Amount of fans has become less relevant as the years have passed with so many other revenue sources now available.

We were sitting 7th on the average amount per fan spent in 18/19.

Behind the big 6.

As you said, infrastructure and facilities also play a big part in the size of a club. So the bigger and better those are also should be factored in.

Amount of fans has become less relevant as the years have passed with so many other revenue sources now available.

Being just behind Man City in the amount you make per fan from match day revenue and sitting outside of the top 30 clubs in Europe in revenue despite having PL TV revenue only further proves my point.

You don’t rank in the top 30 revenues in Europe and even Southampton does.

Based on your match day revenue yields and annual turnover you are arguably the smallest club in the division after Bournemouth now. I’d say Forest will turnover more this season, possibly touch and go with Fulham.

You have high match day revenues and the same TV money as everyone else, which means your commercial revenue is tiny both domestically and internationally.

Last edited:
Being just behind Man City in the amount you make per fan from match day revenue and sitting outside of the top 30 clubs in Europe in revenue despite having PL TV revenue only further proves my point.

You don’t rank in the top 30 revenues in Europe and even Southampton does.

Based on your match day revenue yields and annual turnover you are arguably the smallest club in the division after Bournemouth now. I’d say Forest will turnover more this season, possibly touch and go with Fulham.

You have high match day revenues and the same TV money as everyone else, which means your commercial revenue is tiny both domestically and internationally.

And we have world class facilities in every facet.

Plenty of so called big clubs don't have anything like that kind of set up.

Given our growth in the last 20 years I won't back against TB in growing it even further.

We've been in the PL for 5 seasons and each season we're getting bigger.

If we stay in the top flight for another ten years watch us turn our only PL team in a country status into a much larger fanbase and a far larger revenue.

Sussex County is only just starting to be won back now with the youth of the county.

Maybe this thread wasn't rubbish
That's a pretty damning analysis. Liverpool don't make too many transfer mistakes and it's way too early to call this one a mistake. But it's not pretty reading.

Last edited:
That's a pretty damning analysis. Liverpool don't make too many transfer mistakes and it's way too early to call this one a mistake. But it's bot pretty reading.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

They don't have Michael Edwards anymore so maybe this is a trend of things to come.

Both the goal and assist were pure accidents though. The goal he actually misses the ball initially and gets lucky the defender pokes it into his heel.

The good thing was that he was in the right positions for them both but his touch is Vincent Janssen like
I'm getting a bit of stick about it on the Liverpool board but he has bust written all over him. The only good this is we are excellent at selling players so if he doesnt work out we will probs get all our money back anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the replies are hilarious. Doesn't deserve a red cause he's learning a new culture..
Would have thought he is fitting in with the culture nicely giving out Liverpool kisses so early on

Jod predicting Nunez to be a flop has me suddenly more confident he won't be, even after watching him back just now.

Jod predicting Nunez to be a flop has me suddenly more confident he won't be, even after watching him back just now.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Some of the replies are hilarious. Doesn't deserve a red cause he's learning a new culture..
I remember Trent Barrett trying this in the NRL when his winger (a Fijian) tripped his opponent when he got stepped. Said something like 'he's new here, doesn't speak English, doesn't know the rules'. It worked. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back