SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
and to be f’ed by the new rule brought in cos llorente did it in the cl.

the wait between so some small deflection not appealed by or noticed by anyone at the ground really does just suck.
It does suck and I'd be pissed if that happened to Liverpool but a scenario like that is exactly why VAR was brought in.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
It does suck and I'd be pi**ed if that happened to Liverpool but a scenario like that is exactly why VAR was brought in.
but he does everything right. his arm is tucked in at his side and he is leading with his head. thats the real kicker for mine.

this accidental/incidental handball rule is going to make a lot of fans angry over the course of the season

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t take much satisfaction in that result to be honest, in many ways I’d rather play well and lose at this stage of the season.

Was so far off the pace of the match I don’t really know what else to say. All our seasons luck probably used up in that one match

This was the penalty shout. There were a few others that I haven't seen replays of but this was the most blatant.

They'd announced last week that everywhere except United and Liverpool were providing information about VAR decisions to keep them informed.

But we got nothing.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Villa very unlucky.

Heaton has a brain fart but that second goal took a fair deflection to go in, and then Bournemouth’s keeper decides to have the game of his life.

They should have been down to 10 men before half time. Atkinson is a twat and was rightly booed off the pitch by the entire stadium at half time.

Luiz and McGinn were superb, as were the back four.

Trezeguet and El Ghazi couldn’t get it going forward, while Jota came on and may as well have been a Bournemouth player.

We’ll be right this season.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
This was the penalty shout. There were a few others that I haven't seen replays of but this was the most blatant.

They'd announced last week that everywhere except United and Liverpool were providing information about VAR decisions to keep them informed.

But we got nothing.

That’s a stone wall penalty. Bizarre

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely the VAR can take a little retrospective peak at Aguerooo 2012. I’m sure he’ll find something if he looks long enough.

With holding in the box, I reckon it’s a subjective decision for the ref. VAR backed the refs decision to wave it away, I think VAR would have also backed the ref if he decided it was a pen.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah the Lamela foul was a penalty for me but it’s a subjective call so you can understand it not being given. The handball is not subjective so that’s why VAR stepped in.

Of course on the flip side VAR could actually have been brought in just to stop City

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With holding in the box, I reckon it’s a subjective decision for the ref. VAR backed the refs decision to wave it away, I think VAR would have also backed the ref if he decided it was a pen.
Will be interesting to see stats on subjective VAR decisions over the course of the season.

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham

But we got nothing.

VAR reviewed it and, rightly, found nothing wrong with it. Rodri initiates contact and falls because he entangles his feet with Lamela. Lamela's hands while looking crude never impeded nor caused Rodri to fall.No penalty. VAR and ref correct. Sorry.

But the La Porte handball was a s**t rule. Right decision under a very very s**t rule. Hopefully they review that at some stage,

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham
VAR reviewed it and, rightly, found nothing wrong with it. Rodri initiates contact and falls because he entangles his feet with Lamela. Lamela's hands while looking crude never impeded nor caused Rodri to fall.No penalty. VAR and ref correct. Sorry.

But the La Porte handball was a s**t rule. Right decision under a very very s**t rule. Hopefully they review that at some stage,

Actually the MOTD highlights showed a much clearer shot of the LaPorte handball and, while perhaps not intentional, there's no way the ball gets to Jesus unless its hits La Porte's arm and ricochets to him. So... fair due. That's why they brought in the rule and in this circumstance was probably right - under their definition.

It's s**t but at least this rule is clear.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
VAR my lord, VAR

I actually thought Jesus May have been offside as well but they didn’t replay that. He sort of rolls around from behind the defence

Actually happy with the performance. We allowed City to come into us, and yes they has lots of chances but other than Bernardo Silva’s there weren’t really many clear cut ones.

Actually reminded me of when teams come to Spurs and park the bus and we don’t really create too much. Was nice to turn the tables.

To be honest, it’s the only way you can get something off city. You can’t go toe to toe with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back