EPL Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to reinforce my point about VAR. I didn't wildly celebrate either of Mane's goals last night cos wasn't sure if either was going to be allowed to stand. It's taken all the joy of scoring out of the game. It's a real concern.
Woe is you.

Just to reinforce my point about VAR. I didn't wildly celebrate either of Mane's goals last night cos wasn't sure if either was going to be allowed to stand. It's taken all the joy of scoring out of the game. It's a real concern.
It was the same with some of ours at West Ham by all accounts.

I wonder what the Aguerooooo moment would have been like with VAR.

Man United fans hearts would have broke, then had 30 seconds of slim hope, then broke again. Sounds great.

As he picked it up and ran through a few players, I have a feeling it would have been fine.

25 times last season, 9th most in the PL. Chris Wood spent his entire season offside with 53 :eek:
Fair enough, never really noticed before. But doesnt matter what he might be flagged for and I wasnt talking specifically about Mane, he just happened to score both goals in the final. Any goal... you cant celebrate it.

Fair enough, never really noticed before. But doesnt matter what he might be flagged for and I wasnt talking specifically about Mane, he just happened to score both goals in the final. Any goal... you cant celebrate it.
Sure you can, even when it's checked by VAR. Stop being an old fuddy duddy.

Yes you can, stop being a miserable get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuddy duddy? Miserable get?

Im honestly raising concerns about how s**t VAR is. But whatevs.

You pretending that you sit there miserably until the game has restarted before madly celebrating is a bit of a weird one after one week of VAR where your team wasn't impacted.

Also strange considering VAR was involved in the CL last season but all of a sudden you've decided to sook about it.

jod23 I know you might hesitate to celebrate if it's a close call of an offside watching it live, but I reckon we'll be conditioned to celebrate a bit more when VAR delivers the verdict and it goes our way. Like how when the AFL does a goal review, then the crowd cheers when the review says "GOAL".

jod23 I know you might hesitate to celebrate if it's a close call of an offside watching it live, but I reckon we'll be conditioned to celebrate a bit more when VAR delivers the verdict and it goes our way. Like how when the AFL does a goal review, then the crowd cheers when the review says "GOAL".
Basically you'll celebrate, then get pissed when it's reviewed, then go mad again at a goal. I was at the WC when it happened, it's really not that bad. I think he's afraid that Liverpool will lose points this year after the multiple they gained through offside last year.

Fuddy duddy? Miserable get?

Im honestly raising concerns about how s**t VAR is. But whatevs.
IT does stop and start games a little bit too much and during the charity sheild you can't celebrate like you used to, just in case.

IT does stop and start games a little bit too much and during the charity sheild you can't celebrate like you used to, just in case.

I miss the good old days of the Charity Shield. :(

Boy you're acting like a big sook jod23
What has happened to you lately...

Can just imagine him at the footy standing up and turning around to shush the crowd "It might be touched, it might be touched. We can't celebrate yet."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back