Untitled1.jpg

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Fully expect to get battered against City. We're still extremely short with Son's suspension, the injuries to Dele, Foyth, Sessegnon and co, and still with Lo Celso getting up to speed, as well as the uncertainty that remains over Eriksen's future.

Gbamin probably and Davies. Options are limited as we could play Baningime, or Iwobi up front and Sigurdsson to play deeper.

100% Iwobi in, Sigurdsson deeper with Gbamin if Delph or Gomes can't play. Kean to start, DCL on the bench

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Hopefully we can make it 2 from 2 with 2 clean sheets.
Our defense has just got 10 times better wolves ain't getting past.

Chelsea had plenty of chances in the first half, just couldn't net them is all.....Our recent record at Molineux is deplorable.

You're getting carried away by an opening day performance where we had all the luck go our way.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shame Son can’t play, that’s a big miss for us. I think our midfield can do a job and keep us competitive in the game. The formation we had against Villa will work better against non bus parking sides. Eriksen in for Lamela and Vertonghen for Sanchez are the two changes I’d make. Hopefully have Lo Celso on the bench but I see him making his first appearance for us against Newcastle the following week

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Chelsea had plenty of chances in the first half, just couldn't net them is all.....Our recent record at Molineux is deplorable.

You're getting carried away by an opening day performance where we had all the luck go our way.
Wouldn't say all the luck.
They had two chances that hit the post the rest de Gea saved.
We attacked them back, not taking any credit from Chelsea because I'll admit scoreline is justifiable from the first half but we took our chances and buried them.
Just very delighted with the new signings.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Been watching all the highlights from opening weekend and I gotta be honest. I loathe VAR. It takes all the joy and glee out of scoring a goal. Everything is getting checked so everything it's like, well have we scored?!?

Watching the wolves Leciester game and I can't believe that goal was ruled out. Wolves fans go nuts. Then nah... just kidding. No goal.

I hate it. Can't believe were stuck with it.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Been watching all the highlights from opening weekend and I gotta be honest. I loathe VAR. It takes all the joy and glee out of scoring a goal. Everything is getting checked so everything it's like, well have we scored?!?

Watching the wolves Leciester game and I can't believe that goal was ruled out. Wolves fans go nuts. Then nah... just kidding. No goal.

Yeah football is supposed to be like the jazz of sports, it sort of does it’s own thing and you accept the flaws. They want to make it scientific, almost robotic and precise. A lot of what made the sport fun will be lost. Plus more importantly you will have far less to talk about down the pub afterwards - or on Internet forums!

Yeah football is supposed to be like the jazz of sports, it sort of does it’s own thing and you accept the flaws. They want to make it scientific, almost robotic and precise. A lot of what made the sport fun will be lost. Plus more importantly you will have far less to talk about down the pub afterwards - or on Internet forums!
And yet here we are.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Not too sure about accepting the flaws. I think we did and didn't at the same time.

I still think VAR is a great addition to the game. It's just being used badly too often at the moment, and that may take a few seasons to work out.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

As opposed to fans going nuts for a goal pre-VAR and then the Refs signal no goal for whatever reason?

Sometimes conferring with each other for a short period to discuss if it was or wasn't a legit goal.

Back