Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Strange Rashford didn't take the spot kick after burying his last week

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
United looked pretty good in the first half, totally nullified Wolves who themselves are a decent side. I think united have a good shot at top four this season in all honesty, especially if they get the most out of poggles. Maguire and Wan Bisaka are going to be regulars in the England back four during the 2020’s.

United looked pretty good in the first half, totally nullified Wolves who themselves are a decent side. I think united have a good shot at top four this season in all honesty, especially if they get the most out of poggles. Maguire and Wan Bisaka are going to be regulars in the England back four during the 2020’s.

I remember when we bought Maguire and Everton bought Stones, I had a debate with my mate (a Toffee) that Maguire was a future England CB and captain, while he thought Stones was more captaincy material, and thought I was overselling Maguire to even get into the England side. Obviously Kane is pretty nailed on as the captain, but funny that Maguire and Stones are pretty likely to be the centrepieces of England's defence going forward.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember when we bought Maguire and Everton bought Stones, I had a debate with my mate (a Toffee) that Maguire was a future England CB and captain, while he thought Stones was more captaincy material, and thought I was overselling Maguire to even get into the England side. Obviously Kane is pretty nailed on as the captain, but funny that Maguire and Stones are pretty likely to be the centrepieces of England's defence going forward.
Yeah I can’t think of anyone coming through who is likely to be ahead of them. The only problem with that pairing is pace, I think that’s why Southgate put Walker in a back central three at the World Cup. Not sure that’s the answer though, need Walkers pace as a right or wing back

Yeah I can’t think of anyone coming through who is likely to be ahead of them. The only problem with that pairing is pace, I think that’s why Southgate put Walker in a back central three at the World Cup. Not sure that’s the answer though, need Walkers pace as a right or wing back
Maguire is surprisingly quick off the mark but yeah is a bit of a lump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Been injured though hasn't he?

And I imagine he will end up next to VVD sooner rather than later. Could be entirely wrong though of course.
Well we’ll see hopefully from an England perspective. To be fair Stones doesn’t seem to be first choice at City either and out of him and Maguire I’d say it’s Stones who’s position with England isn’t guaranteed

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well we’ll see hopefully from an England perspective. To be fair Stones doesn’t seem to be first choice at City either and out of him and Maguire I’d say it’s Stones who’s position with England isn’t guaranteed
Stones can play RB too IIRC.

As I type this I realise TAA will probably be the natural heir to Walker.

England have a pretty strong backline, best they've had in a while.

Shaw is the starting LB right?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Stones can play RB too IIRC.

As I type this I realise TAA will probably be the natural heir to Walker.

England have a pretty strong backline, best they've had in a while.

Shaw is the starting LB right?
Hang on Wan Bisaka is RB isn’t he? TAA is definitely RB. Shaw was playing down the right tonight I thought. I can’t keep up to be honest. Rose is probably close to being shunted out of the England team, not sure if Shaw is good enough if he is a LB though

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh yeah, I forgot about him too.

England have a host of young talent, it's really good to see to be honest.

I would take TAA over AWB.

Good problem to have.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
Henderson Alli
Sterling----------------Sancho
Kane Rashford
Decent bench options too, really;

RLC
Mount
Rice
TAA
Gomez
CHO
Barkley
Winks
Maddison

Future looks really good for England IMO.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh yeah, I forgot about him too.

England have a host of young talent, it's really good to see to be honest.

I would take TAA over AWB.

Good problem to have.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire Shaw
Henderson Alli
Sterling----------------Sancho
Kane Rashford
Decent bench options too, really;

RLC
Mount
Rice
TAA
Gomez
CHO
Barkley
Winks
Maddison

Future looks really good for England IMO.
Looks good enough, but when you look at some of the talent coming out of Spain for example it’s still a level below imo. We need a player in the middle who can dictate play the way Modric did in the semi final against us, until we start developing players like that we are going to be QF/SF’s at best.

Pomsta

All Australian
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers

England changed to a back 4 for the World Cup. That was the excuse that Southgate used to not pick Conor Coady, as he said he had only played in a back 3, and then picked blokes who had hardly played at all.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
England changed to a back 4 for the World Cup. That was the excuse that Southgate used to not pick Conor Coady, as he said he had only played in a back 3, and then picked blokes who had hardly played at all.

England played a back three at the world cup and Conor Coady was playing in the championship at that time so that's probably the main reason he wasn't picked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back