Premier Lg EPL Matchday 20 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Everyone cried for a week about United’s controversial goal against City.

Fast-forward to today and not one mention that the referee should have given us a penalty, except your post celebrating a terrible refereeing/VAR decision. Where were you last week? 😂
I didn't think it was a pen at first glance, but the replay definitely showed it should have been.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I didn't think it was a pen at first glance, but the replay definitely showed it should have been.

It definitely should have been but what can you do now? It’s true what they say that everything evens out at the end of the season. Oh well, we move on.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Olise class finish, not at his best tonight, but been very good most of the season. If he can just polish his finishing in general play he could be a £50m player.

Palace deserved a break, were better v Chelsea and beaten by a moment of class, it was our turn tonight.

Hughes gave us a bit of fight in the middle, replaced Eze who has been out of sorts. If Eze is not at his best, we can get swept away in the middle. Richards on full debut was good, paid £20m for him, taken him a while to gain PV's trust. Got to keep starting Eduoard up front, has a shot in him and gets on the end of crosses, gives us physical presence.

Held my breath re their penalty, think Richards getting a touch on the ball saved him.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The new "clear and obvious" is what comes into play and sometimes taken overboard. So many decisions this year for all teams haven't been overturned because of this

I think the not a clear and obvious error thing comes into play when there is some body contact but it's not enough to overturn the ref's original decision. Like in the recent Villa v Leeds game, Douglas Luiz put his arms on Rodrigo. VAR probably wouldn't have overruled either way. In that case, the ref didn't give it.

A trip in the area is usually more clear cut.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Fast-forward to today and not one mention that the referee should have given us a penalty, except your post celebrating a terrible refereeing/VAR decision. Where were you last week? 😂
Aye? What did you want me to say last week? You got lucky?

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Man, everyone pretty much hates someone on here.
198FCF40-3F7F-4916-BEBC-429E5C43D36D.gif

Every other supporter when United lose or draw lmao.

Fast-forward to today and not one mention that the referee should have given us a penalty, except your post celebrating a terrible refereeing/VAR decision. Where were you last week?

I think most clubs could find at least 20 decisions a season like the McTominay one that wasn't given. Annoying to United supporters maybe, but just not that big a deal.

The hate for United on here is great.

I hated United when I went to bed last night, and I hated United when I woke up this morning. I'm even considering going back to bed just so I can wake up and hate you again.

Hope that helps. :)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think most clubs could find at least 20 decisions a season like the McTominay one that wasn't given. Annoying to United supporters maybe, but just not that big a deal.

I am guessing you read one of my very next posts where I said pretty much what you said?

Back