EPL Matchday 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for City to roll out another £250m spending spree next week then...

Time for City to roll out another £250m spending spree next week then...
Hope we do strengthen the squad again next summer. LB and DM the two areas to focus on.

Yes it is. Delph isn't even a LB he's a converted CM.
As is Zinchenko.

We got lucky with them both filling in at LB admirably last season. Struggling a bit more this season, but I think we'll have a new LB in next season. Mendy is quality but always injured.

Moreno? I mean yes Milner can play there, but he's not the real back up. Matip was free, but MV of around £16
lol can't bring market value into it.

If they got him for free, he's free.

Just like they paid 75m for VVD, you use that value when assessing what they paid for their squad.

Of course you can. It's about judging quality...
Come on now. Our 3 strikers cost 33m combined. Son 22m Llorente 11m and MBE 0m. He’s worth 200m+ to us but we didn’t pay that did we.

Last edited:
Our 2nd choice back 4 right now would be Delph, Kompany, Otamendi and Danilo.

Not bad in terms of quality but I think we'd struggle in fullback positions still.

Not really fussed how much they cost, the first three in particular have already repaid their transfer fee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree.

Chelsea signed Hazard for 32m. He would be worth over 100m now.

When assessing how much their midfield cost, you would say he is cost is 32m, as that's what they paid.
Depends on the context.

If you have Kane playing like a £10m forward you'd be pretty disappointed even though at £10m he would be value for money.

Moreno? I mean yes Milner can play there, but he's not the real back up. Matip was free, but MV of around £16
Moreno is terrible. I'd play Milner there before him everyday of the week.

Depends on the context.

If you have Kane playing like a £10m forward you'd be pretty disappointed even though at £10m he would be value for money.
But this is if it is based on price of squad assembled.

Just like if we did City we would use the amount you paid, not what they're worth.

Otherwise your squad today would be worth nearly half a billion pounds etc.

Just like if we did City we would use the amount you paid, not what they're worth.

Ok then our reserve back 4 is 10mill.. or if you want to discount Jagielka and put in Holgate it's 8

It just depends what point you're trying to make I guess.

No trophy for being top and undefeated at the halfway point but can't be anything other than happy with our season to date.

Despite not playing to our best in the early stages we continued to rack up wins, and we've lifted and picked up momentum at exactly the right time, with key players starting to tap into strong veins of form.

I doubt we get through the rest of the season without stumbling at some point, but we now find ourselves in a very unusual situation (compared to other title races we've been involved in over the last decade) of having a buffer on the chasing pack instead of being behind and chasing a deficit, so it's not the end of the world if we do.

Still plenty of football to be played, but there's no reason why Liverpool supporters shouldn't be enjoying the ride and getting caught up in the groundswell of enthusiasm that will inevitably build for this team if we can stay in the race over the next few months. If you can't enjoy football when your team's playing like this then when can you?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back