EPL Matchday 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Rule has changed this year. You need to get yourself on a refresher.

FWIW my commentary is saying it didn't hit the ref.

ignoring the bitterness from this scouser you can see it clearly hits the ref off a Blades pass. Under the new law it should have been stopped for an uncontested dead ball

ignoring the bitterness from this scouser you can see it clearly hits the ref off a Blades pass. Under the new law it should have been stopped for an uncontested dead ball

Is there a law on refs blocking players? I reckon on this footage here it doesn't actually touch the ref, but he's in the players way.

Is there a law on refs blocking players? I reckon on this footage here it doesn't actually touch the ref, but he's in the players way.
There's not, but it is happening am awful lot nowadays.

I reckon their instructions on positioning is putting them right in the way of passing channels, and I've seen a lot block players by standing in.the same area the player is.

Happy with the points. It wasn't a great performance, but given the scheduling the result was the only important thing.

Guardiola quickest to 100 league wins. 134 games it took him ahead of Mourinho (142).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lallana, definitely not handball. Actually a really good demonstration of VAR being used well.

Van Dijk, I’ve watched a few replays and I’m still not sure if he did or didn’t handball it. I haven’t yet seen video that conclusively proves either way. If anyone has the angle I’d like to see it.

Neto offside call, what an infuriating decision for Wolves fans. We’ve been on both the wrong and right end of a few similar calls this season, as have most teams. I’m fully on board with the push for a rethink on the way VAR is used to adjudicate marginal offside decisions like this. The margin of error with frame rates etc is too great to use it in this way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back