ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
All I post is facts.

Liverpool fans just have this simple problem of not being able to accept flaws in some of their players. The only club supporters. Magma and Moomba can accept flaws in City players. All the Arsenal fans probably jump on their team more than others. United fans have come to learn to accept it now. Spurs fans too like Doctor Gero... however only Liverpool fans are ardent in their belief that they are the greatest team on the planet, even if they are 6th on the table.

I think if you check the Liverpool thread you'll see more than a few examples of Liverpool supporters criticizing the players in the wake of last night's game. The likes of Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Mignolet, Karius have all been openly castigated for their performances in recent times.

You seem to be (somewhat arrogantly) conflating your opinions with an objective, factually indisputable assessment of quality/performances etc, despite consistently not offering any evidence to support your assertions. I'm really not sure why you're so surprised and seemingly upset to find people calling you out. This forum isn't an echo chamber, people disagree and challenge each other's opinions, particularly those of questionable validity. Get over it, take the time to build a case and develop more informed opinions, and start adding value to the discussion.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I think if you check the Liverpool thread you'll see more than a few examples of Liverpool supporters criticizing the players in the wake of last night's game. The likes of Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Mignolet, Karius have all been openly castigated for their performances in recent times.
Exactly, the Liverpool thread. That's completely different because we aren't meant to go into everyones threads and argue about their players and performances there. As soon as you do on the main board, oh boy.

You seem to be (somewhat arrogantly) conflating your opinions with an objective, factually indisputable assessment of quality/performances etc, despite consistently not offering any evidence to support your assertions. I'm really not sure why you're so surprised and seemingly upset to find people calling you out. This forum isn't an echo chamber, people disagree and challenge each other's opinions, particularly those of questionable validity.

I've provided evidence before, but people have just dismissed it time and time again. So now I don't bother as it's not worth my time. No one has called me out on anything, what they do is deliberately talk bullshit and say things that are completely untrue. For example saying I think the entire back 4 is average, or that VVD is s**t. I've never once said these things. People can disagree with me all they want, but when they bring up factually incorrect statements about me or my views, then I will call them out on it like I have done repeatedly.
Get over it, take the time to build a case and develop more informed opinions, and start adding value to the discussion.

Exhibit A. Because I disagree with you, I'm uninformed and don't add value. This is exactly the type of s**t I'm talking about. How about you grow up.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
neil ashton thought kun was taking the piss out of liverpool fans by holding up 7 fingers after he scored.

even though he has been doing the celebration all season and it's six fingers. mad how many journalists dont seem to actually look/watch the games.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
neil ashton thought kun was taking the piss out of liverpool fans by holding up 7 fingers after he scored.

even though he has been doing the celebration all season and it's six fingers. mad how many journalists dont seem to actually look/watch the games.

What is it referring to?

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Exactly, the Liverpool thread. That's completely different because we aren't meant to go into everyones threads and argue about their players and performances there. As soon as you do on the main board, oh boy.

To avoid coming across as contradicting yourself (see below earlier post), if you’re only referring to Liverpool supporters on the main board whenever making an assessment you should probably stipulate that.

In saying that, the Liverpool posters on the main board make up a pretty small percentage of our total poster supporter base, so it doesn’t really do your credibility any favours if you’re making sweeping statements based on a small and insignificant percent of the total sample size.

If you truly want to educate yourself, try coming over and reading rather than posting, might help develop more informed opinions.

Liverpool fans just have this simple problem of not being able to accept flaws in some of their players.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory

You seem to be (somewhat arrogantly) conflating your opinions with an objective, factually indisputable assessment of quality/performances etc, despite consistently not offering any evidence to support your assertions. I'm really not sure why you're so surprised and seemingly upset to find people calling you out. This forum isn't an echo chamber, people disagree and challenge each other's opinions, particularly those of questionable validity. Get over it, take the time to build a case and develop more informed opinions, and start adding value to the discussion.
No point in biting really, he's just trolling LFC fans and enjoys it.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
TAA looks completely lost out there against Sane and Silva. Definite weak link.
Well he didn't get a penalty for falling over like Salah does.
Was good acting by Salah though. As if he'd been shot.

Oh wait sorry, Salah doesn't act. No one at Liverpool does.
Oh come on. Berahino could have scored that...let's not overhype it.
Leeeeeeeeroy. Where are you Mane?

I don't think that was ever in doubt. Mane is a more talented version of Asamoah Gyan. Isn't saying much though. He blows hot and cold a lot, all the athletic traits, footballing skill and nous is not great.
All I know is that it was a pretty poor attempt at an insult from a bitter person. Liverpool fans for you.
But he hasn't. Sure going forward, but that's the same criticism Marcus Alonso gets week in and week out and it's valid. He has been weak down the right hand side and it is where all the teams that do wellagainst Liverpool find their joy. He's not a good right back. He's a good right wing back, where he doesn't have to be defensively responsible. There is no shame in admitting that, he's young of course and can improve, but he's not good enough for Liverpool just yet.
Hahaha. So many tears. I love it. Amazing we're top considering how s**t we are. :D

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
It sucks we lost to City, but it's not something that was unexpected. City are one of the very best teams on the planet playing at home. It's a really tough place to go and get anything. It was a game of fine margins and a bit of luck and it didnt go our way.

The good news is that we've played so well and worked so hard we can afford that outcome and still be four points clear and still have the title in our hands. Now we just have to go back to work.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
It sucks we lost to City, but it's not something that was unexpected. City are one of the very best teams on the planet playing at home. It's a really tough place to go and get anything. It was a game of fine margins and a bit of luck and it didnt go our way.

The good news is that we've played so well and worked so hard we can afford that outcome and still be four points clear and still have the title in our hands. Now we just have to go back to work.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

I honestly expected us to draw the game at the very least. Just another big game where we were overawed by the occasion.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I honestly expected us to draw the game at the very least. Just another big game where we were overawed by the occasion.

And City weren’t playing for their season? We were 11mm away from taking the lead and lost to a goal off the upright. It’s not like we lost to Palace at home...

We didn’t choke, we just lost a fierce game to a really really good side.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I dont know if that's fair. We werent overawed by the situation against BVB in the Europa League or United in the Europa League. We weren't overawed by the situation against Man City in the CL or Roma in the semi's. We just crushed Arsenal in a key league fixture.

I think we're ok in big games, this one just didnt go our way.

I came here to post exactly that.

As I said earlier in the thread, almost the entire support of that club is ******* tragic. Imagine actually believing that s**t with anything that approached conviction.
Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Back