Remove this Banner Ad

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
So what if City did decide to keep the grass longer, it's their home ground.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just once it would be nice to come into a thread where Braedesmen wouldn't talk s**t about Liverpool for a change.

They're top of the league, their fans have every right to be up and about.

No point banging on about they do it when they're sixth. Because they aren't.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just once it would be nice to come into a thread where Braedesmen wouldn't talk s**t about Liverpool for a change.

His piss is well and truly boiled.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Sorry sir, I'll never talk about the team on top of the league again. I mean why would you? Unimportant position anyway, lets always talk about who's in 12th instead, most important position in the league.

Poltroon.

Sorry sir, I'll never talk about the team on top of the league again. I mean why would you? Unimportant position anyway, lets always talk about who's in 12th instead, most important position in the league.

Poltroon.

That's always your excuse, and yet when City were top you didn't obsess about them.

It's ironic how you're more insufferable than Liverpool fans and they've not even won the league.
Please don't let it happen.
We should loan City our best players so that it doesn't lol,

Well maybe not United. They need them to get a top half finish ;)

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Good to see the melodramatic bitterness towards LFC and LFC supporters has ramped up a notch over the last few months, we must be doing well.
Come on, mate. Even many Liverpool fans are firm in their belief that a significant percentage of your fans are well and truly deranged, moreso than other club's fans. That's not to say that there aren't plenty who are reasonable, of course.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Come on, mate. Even many Liverpool fans are firm in their belief that a significant percentage of your fans are well and truly deranged, moreso than other club's fans. That's not to say that there aren't plenty who are reasonable, of course.

Not the case at all. We have more fans so therefore more idiots. Its a simple equation that a seemingly large percentage of Spurs fans fail to grasp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Not the case at all. We have more fans so therefore more idiots. Its a simple equation that a seemingly large percentage of Spurs fans fail to grasp.
Spurs fans? Trust me, we're not the only group who believe that most of you lot are utterly tragic.

And the more fans thing. Well, United have even more than you. They've got one Goldbridge. You've got thousands of them.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs fans? Trust me, we're not the only group who believe that most of you lot are utterly tragic.

And the more fans thing. Well, United have even more than you. They've got one Goldbridge. You've got thousands of them.

Kindly back up your claims with some actual facts because it sounds like you are bullshitting.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

And I suppose this erudite fellow is representative of Tottenham's supporter base?

Zidane's right, it's the Jerry Springer equation - giving benefit of the doubt they're not a bunch of actors, suppose that only 0.5% of the American population was that bizarre, you still have 1.5 million possible candidates for the show.

Say Liverpool and United have 5-10 times the supporter base of Tottenham, and assuming the psychological profiles of supporters at these clubs have the same normal distribution, it follows that you'd expect to see 5-10 times as many weirdos at the extreme ends of the bell curve for Liverpool and United than you would for Tottenham.

You're not going to notice the millions of very normal, rational supporters sitting in the middle of the curve for either club, it's the weirdos that get traction on social media and end up being shared around the world.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And I suppose this erudite fellow is representative of Tottenham's supporter base?

Zidane's right, it's the Jerry Springer equation - giving benefit of the doubt they're not a bunch of actors, suppose that only 0.5% of the American population was that bizarre, you still have 1.5 million possible candidates for the show.

Say Liverpool and United have 5-10 times the supporter base of Tottenham, and assuming the psychological profiles of supporters at these clubs have the same normal distribution, it follows that you'd expect to see 5-10 times as many weirdos at the extreme ends of the bell curve for Liverpool and United than you would for Tottenham.

You're not going to notice the millions of very normal, rational supporters sitting in the middle of the curve for either club, it's the weirdos that get traction on social media and end up being shared around the world.

If you are talking about English speaking supporters who would post on forums etc then you’re not talking 5-10 times more. If most of these fans that give the scousers this reputation are from the U.K then the supporter base is probably only 2-3 times the size of tottenhams. The bellend ratio though is much higher

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you are talking about English speaking supporters who would post on forums etc then you’re not talking 5-10 times more. If most of these fans that give the scousers this reputation are from the U.K then the supporter base is probably only 2-3 times the size of tottenhams. The bellend ratio though is much higher

If you say so.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The irony in Spurs fans showing themselves up in this thread as bellends while accusing others of the same is enormous. Not surprising that the biggest ever meltdown (MD36) and the biggest ever jockstrap on an internet forum (GB) are both from Spurs and it is not surprising why they are not liked. The behaviour displayed in the last page or 2 shows exactly why.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The irony in Spurs fans showing themselves up in this thread as bellends while accusing others of the same is enormous. Not surprising that the biggest ever meltdown (MD36) and the biggest ever jockstrap on an internet forum (GB) are both from Spurs and it is not surprising why they are not liked. The behaviour showing in the last page or 2 shows exactly why.
Well you’ve got us with GB I’ll grant you that. The difference between spurs and Liverpool fans though is we don’t sincerely believe we are the world’s greatest football club, and don’t become all indignant when someone says we aren’t. You get the impression that so many Liverpool fans think they are above and beyond criticism. Once again it’s on display here. Then there’s the whole “victimhood” thing. For some reason Liverpool fans irk other supporters. Maybe time for some reflection instead of all this deflection

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Well you’ve got us with GB I’ll grant you that. The difference between spurs and Liverpool fans though is we don’t sincerely believe we are the world’s greatest football club, and don’t become all indignant when someone says we aren’t. You get the impression that so many Liverpool fans think they are above and beyond criticism. Once again it’s on display here. Then there’s the whole “victimhood” thing. For some reason Liverpool fans irk other supporters. Maybe time for some reflection instead of all this deflection

Think you'll find fans of all clubs that believe they are "the world's greatest club" - it certainly isn't any different for Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester or Woking fans. It is clear on here that the general Liverpool fan does not believe that though and would be a huge misrepresentation to suggest otherwise. I'd suggest the only thing irking opposition supporters (and especially Spurs fans for some reason) is Liverpool's position on the league table. Especially when many were openly implying Spurs were far superior at the start of the season. The only deflection going on in here is from Spurs fans deflecting questions about justifying their claims that there are supposedly more "tragics" and "bellends" in their supporter groups as a ratio but when pressed as to how they can justify that they have no answer but to repeat their mantra.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Think you'll find fans of all clubs that believe they are "the world's greatest club" - it certainly isn't any different for Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester or Woking fans. It is clear on here that the general Liverpool fan does not believe that though and would be a huge misrepresentation to suggest otherwise. I'd suggest the only thing irking opposition supporters (and especially Spurs fans for some reason) is Liverpool's position on the league table. Especially when many were openly implying Spurs were far superior at the start of the season. The only deflection going on in here is from Spurs fans deflecting questions about justifying their claims that there are supposedly more "tragics" and "bellends" in their supporter groups as a ratio but when pressed as to how they can justify that they have no answer but to repeat their mantra.
Why do you think it’s irking the opposition that you are top? I think you’ll find most people would prefer Liverpool top than City - if it were not for your fans! Spurs fans are no different from any other in thinking you have something of a deluded fanbase so not sure why you are singling us out. Pretty sure I also had Liverpool finishing above us in the predictions thread so you’re wrong on that also. We’ve been hearing for the past five years how you’ll finish above us so that’s probably why you got stick about it. This season it actually looks like you will but that’s what spending £200m gets you and your rival spends diddly squat

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why do you think it’s irking the opposition that you are top? I think you’ll find most people would prefer Liverpool top than City - if it were not for your fans! Spurs fans are no different from any other in thinking you have something of a deluded fanbase so not sure why you are singling us out. Pretty sure I also had Liverpool finishing above us in the predictions thread so you’re wrong on that also. We’ve been hearing for the past five years how you’ll finish above us so that’s probably why you got stick about it. This season it actually looks like you will but that’s what spending £200m gets you and your rival spends diddly squat

Why dont you guys sell Kane for 180m and do what we did mid season last year?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why dont you guys sell Kane for 180m and do what we did mid season last year?
Why should we sell one of the best strikers in the world, particularly considering he came through our ranks? Please don’t try and make out it’s akin to you selling coutinho.

Back