Memphis_

Club Legend
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Celtics, NE Patriots
Not sure anyone has implied that.
You can tell the way most people are talking this win up.
Anyways we aren't much better ourselves so i don't get the big deal that arsenal beat us?
Lol should've been predicted when that lackluster midfield got named in the first 11.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Oooooh Haller, goal of the day.

Looking good at 2-0.
Moyes has been there 2 minutes and Haller has turned into Zlatan! What a great goal. By the end the Hammers fan were doing the ole ole on the passes.

There was another shocking VAR call though. Cresswell went straight through Ryan Fraser with both feet in the air. The ref rightly dished out the red. VAR changed it to a yellow. How they called that a clear and obvious mistake I'll never know.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You can tell the way most people are talking this win up.
Anyways we aren't much better ourselves so i don't get the big deal that arsenal beat us?
Lol should've been predicted when that lackluster midfield got named in the first 11.
People are buoyant after winning a game in the league since October, can hardly be blamed for that.

I think people are more happy about the team showing fight, structure and some identity.

Memphis_

Club Legend
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Celtics, NE Patriots
People are buoyant after winning a game in the league since October, can hardly be blamed for that.

I think people are more happy about the team showing fight, structure and some identity.
That first half i give a lot of credit to arsenal they played with so much energy it was unreal even luiz had his best game for you guys and that's saying something.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
There are going to be ups and downs this season for Arsenal, next PL game against Palace away we can potentially be turned over by those lads.

However, I think most Arsenal fans are happy there seems to be a plan in place and the players, at least publicly, seem to be buying in. So you would hope that there is at least some understanding from supporters that we are in a process, and there are going to be good and bad days.

I think we are 0 chance for Top 4 this season, if we somehow make it into the top 6 come season end, I think Arteta would have done a decent job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

All Australian
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was another shocking VAR call though. Cresswell went straight through Ryan Fraser with both feet in the air. The ref rightly dished out the red. VAR changed it to a yellow. How they called that a clear and obvious mistake I'll never know.
I assume that the VAR’s thinking was that he got enough of the ball. Was still a very wild challenge though that could have ended worse than it did for Fraser.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Does make you think. Would VVD be the same player he is now if he had signed for United? Or would he be heading down the path Maguire is? Being an average defender.

Players are thriving at Liverpool where with us they go backwards.
Klopp effect!

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Foden kicks Sidibes achilles.
Yep, looks that way. This is an incident that VAR should not be recommending a review for, certainly not a clear and obvious error.

Again VAR gets this spot on.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Arsenal are only 4 points out of 5th. Probably giving Chelsea too big a head start at 9 points to finish 4th.

In all honesty 4th is wide open just for the fact that no team in the race can put any consistency together.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Don't think your defence or midfield are better than pool, city, Leicester, wolves, or Chelsea.
We haven't played our best defence with a manager who has half a brain so who knows. I believe a back four of Bellerin, Chambers, Holding & Tierney is pretty solid. (And I think Leno is probably better than all their keepers except for Alisson and maybe Ederson too).

Our midfield is pretty ordinary. Torreira is pretty good, Ozil is elite when at his best (few and far between though, but looking much better under Arteta), inclined to agree though.

Top Bottom