EPL Matchday 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Examples please
Can't remember the teams involved. We were one, Newcastle was another.

There have been dozens of times VAR should have intervened but didn't.

If we don't count them your VAR table isn't worth much.

Can't remember the teams involved. We were one, Newcastle was another.

There have been dozens of times VAR should have intervened but didn't.

If we don't count them your VAR table isn't worth much.

It's not my VAR table. Which City VAR intervention do you claim to be incorrect?

It's not my VAR table. Which City VAR intervention do you claim to be incorrect?
Does the VAR table you have referred to several times include decisions that VAR should have overturned but didn't?

If not it's pointless.

Does the VAR table you have referred to several times include decisions that VAR should have overturned but didn't?

If not it's pointless.

Should have is a subjective decision. You can only go off what was referred to VAR.

Which City VAR intervention was incorrect?

Should have is a subjective decision. You can only go off what was referred to VAR.

Which City VAR intervention was incorrect?
I don't think you're getting the point tbh.

If you think that a table that factors decisions VAR makes (whether they are right or wrong), and not the ones it doesn't make is important I'll leave you to it.

Remember when football fans would be happy whenever their team would win a match instead of be offended by it? Those were some good times.
There were always endless discussions about decisions.

For me, I think its much worse now given we have the means to make the right decisions on a consistent basis and were cocking up more than ever (IMO).

I don't think you're getting the point tbh.

If you think that a table that factors decisions VAR makes (whether they are right or wrong), and not the ones it doesn't make is important I'll leave you to it.

Never said that at all. The only accurate way to measure the impact of VAR is to look at the decisions it is referred to.

Anything else is hearsay and if you think thats the best way to measure VAR ill leave you to it.

What was the City incorrect VAR intervention?

Never said that at all. The only accurate way to measure the impact of VAR is to look at the decisions it is referred to.

Anything else is hearsay and if you think thsts the best way to measure VAR ill leave you to it.

What was the City incorrect VAR intervention?
I've already told you I don't recall the decisions Pigmol have admitted to being wrong just that we were one, Newcastle was one. Do you plan on repeating the same question every post?

The only accurate measure is to look at all decisions, and non decisions and make an assessment. If pigmol would communicate the reasons for their decisions that would help, but they refuse to do that.

Sack Riley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, I think its much worse now given we have the means to make the right decisions on a consistent basis and were cocking up more than ever (IMO).

It just seems that the enjoyment has gone right out of the sport since VAR has come into place. Now your team will win and you need to spend countless pages defending the win, in the meantime almost forgetting that your team won. I miss how things used to be without VAR, which can be a great system but has been so controversial instead.

It just seems that the enjoyment has gone right out of the sport since VAR has come into place. Now your team will win and you need to spend countless pages defending the win, in the meantime almost forgetting that your team won. I miss how things used to be without VAR, which can be a great system but has been so controversial.
It could be good imo, but not with the current administration in place.

I was always a strong supporters of VAR, but I saw the light a year or two before it came in.

And how it is in the premier league is worse than I ever imagined.

In the game yesterday, Wolves had one correctly ruled out for offside and all you could hear was City fans singing "* VAR". Says it all really.

Last edited:
I've already told you I don't recall the decisions Pigmol have admitted to being wrong just that we were one, Newcastle was one.

The only accurate measure is to look at all decisions, and non decisions and make an assessment. If pigmol would communicate the reasons for their decisions that would help, but they refuse to do that.

Sack Riley.

Who's Pigmol?

Who said we're cocking it up? VAR has been spot on. Don't take it out on VAR, take it out on the rules of the game.

Who said we're cocking it up? VAR has been spot on. Don't take it out on VAR, take it out on the rules of the game.
VAR has been far from spot on imo.

Some things are the fault of the rules, but many have been down to inconsistent, and occasionally blatantly wrong application of the rules.

The high bar for overturning decisions seems to have moved midseason, decisions aren't being explained and the supporters are left in the dark.

It's a cluster*.

VAR has been far from spot on imo.

Some things are the fault of the rules, but many have been down to inconsistent, and occasionally blatantly wrong application of the rules.

The high bar for overturning decisions seems to have moved midseason, decisions aren't being explained and the supporters are left in the dark.

It's a clusterfu**.

I was talking about Liverpool vs Wolves, tell me which VAR decision was cocked up today, because IMO and in the opinion of a lot of pundits, every decision was spot on. Yet here we are in the match day 21 thread talking about it.

I was talking about Liverpool vs Wolves, tell me which VAR decision was cocked up today, because IMO and in the opinion of a lot of pundits, every decision was spot on. Yet here we are in the match day 21 thread talking about it.
If VVD handled the ball in the leadup to the goal it should have been disallowed.

According to Connor Coady, the ref ignored it because it was "too far back".

No reason for VAR not to correct him if that was the case.

But I'm more interested in VAR flaws in general.rather than specific decisions and games. It just seems that each week we come across a new example of where VAR and the processes used to operate it aren't fit for purpose.

Last edited:

According to a video from the sky sports post game, it was looked at and it wasn't relevant but yet they decided the evidence was inconclusive. That does not clear it up in anyway what so ever. So they thought it wasn't in the build up to the goal (ridiculous) yet they say evidence was inconclusive (which I agree with) So did they or did they not look at it and consider it?

It's said in the first 10 seconds of that video

If VVD handled the ball in the leadup to the goal it should have been disallowed.

But I'm more interested in VAR flaws in general.rather than specific decisions and games. It just seems that each week we come across a new example of where VAR and the processes used to operate it aren't fit for purpose.

1) Not clear cut whether Vvd handballed.

2) The handball has to be an assist or the motion which leads to the goal. The sequence was VVD > Lallana > Mane. Lallana"s shoulder was the assist. Thus VVD was one passage of play removed from what the rules stipulate.

Yep, no way a goal is getting overturned on an inconclusive replay from a previous phase of play. Noticeably the nearest Wolves player didnt appeal for a handball.

Handball was given against Lallana so that's what was reviewed. Offside was also checked and whether the whistle was blown prior to play stopping (It wasn't). VAR got this one right.

You need a refresher on the VAR phase of play rules

VAR looks only at the phase of play immediate to the goal. Lallana passed to Mane, that was the immediate phase of play prior to the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back