EPL Matchday 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Sidibe also get the ball?
If he does it's a different story (still potentially a foul though depending on when contact is made with Foden).

The stills posted show that if he doesn't get the ball he's gone across a player in the act of shooting, that has to be a pen.

From the video I don't think he got the ball, although I'll stand corrected if evidence comes out that he did. Although once again wouldn't this be a great opportunity for Mike Riley to release footage, explain the reasons for the decision and the relevant laws.

When have I last criticised a Liverpool penalty decision? I'm not like you.

Matchday 20 thread, you were still going on about the non handball and subsequent non-penalty against TAA in the City game

That's from Coady. I did read yesterday that Taylor had said that it was handball but it was too far back to be seen as part of the buildup.

This seems to back that up, to me it's a totally flawed application of the law by Taylor and VAR.

And the second time a handball in the leadup to Liverpool's opening goal has been ignored.

Short memory

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Arsenal, Spurs and United are all way off the pace. You lot make me laugh, perhaps the most deluded fanbase on here. Least us spurs fans know we are s**t at the moment
Doubt you'd find anyone on here that doesn't know we've been shiteful. Don't be sour at the fact we've finally seen a bit of positivity and are somewhat excited for the future, just because its the same old s**t for you lot.. You forgot to mention you're also trophyless

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If he does it's a different story (still potentially a foul though depending on when contact is made with Foden).

The stills posted show that if he doesn't get the ball he's gone across a player in the act of shooting, that has to be a pen.

From the video I don't think he got the ball, although I'll stand corrected if evidence comes out that he did. Although once again wouldn't this be a great opportunity for Mike Riley to release footage, explain the reasons for the decision and the relevant laws.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. There is nothing in the FIFA laws of the game to suggest this is true at all. The Sidibe incident was two players challenging for the ball with him getting their first against his opponent. Both are equally entitled to challenge for the ball and both are subject to the same rules.

Don't believe Mike Riley needs to justify every single little incident every week tbf. Especially ones like this which are up to the interpretation of the referee and absolutely nowhere near the clear and obvious error required for VAR to recommend a review.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doubt you'd find anyone on here that doesn't know we've been shiteful. Don't be sour at the fact we've finally seen a bit of positivity and are somewhat excited for the future, just because its the same old s**t for you lot.. You forgot to mention you're also trophyless
Same old s**t for us? It’s literally the worst we’ve played in years. It’s just funny seeing arsenal fans lose their s**t over a win. Desperate times really

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Same old s**t for us? It’s literally the worst we’ve played in years. It’s just funny seeing arsenal fans lose their s**t over a win. Desperate times really

Interesting to see what happens in the summer market for you guys. Feels like a make or break for Mou, he's not the sort of manager that will build a side up over time. He needs to get the right deals done and you'll challenge for the title next season. Get it wrong and he'll get into public sniping matches with Levy and that's the last thing Spurs need.

Having said that watch him put on a tactical masterclass and take points off us at WHL!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are being consistent. Similar thing happened in our game vs Palace and they paid no penalty.
Consistently wrong is probably about as much as we can expect from PGMOL.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting to see what happens in the summer market for you guys. Feels like a make or break for Mou, he's not the sort of manager that will build a side up over time. He needs to get the right deals done and you'll challenge for the title next season. Get it wrong and he'll get into public sniping matches with Levy and that's the last thing Spurs need.

Having said that watch him put on a tactical masterclass and take points off us at WHL!!
WHL? What year is this ;)

No you’ll smash us. We are a mess at the minute. Yes will be interesting summer window - I never judge on January windows really although if we even want a sniff of getting top four we need to do business this month.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Arsenal, Spurs and United are all way off the pace. You lot make me laugh, perhaps the most deluded fanbase on here. Least us spurs fans know we are s**t at the moment

jordan.gif

Great save by Hendo. Utd should cash in on De Gea and make Hendo first choice next season.
DeGeas valuing is dropping at an alarming rate

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
That was a lot more straightforward than I thought it would be.

Apparently we broke the Premier League record for most passes completed in a single game. Good example of what I was talking about last week regarding the difficulty of defending every avenue against this team.

Sheffield went with a 5-3-2 low block, and when they had a chance to properly set themselves did reasonably well in not allowing our fullbacks time and space while still blocking the channels and making our front 3 work hard for their chances, but in doing so they weakened themselves in the centre of the pitch allowing us total domination of possession.

Eventually, inevitably, we caught them napping with quick transitions into attack before they had a chance to set.

Jordan Henderson had a field day and was MOTM I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back