EPL Matchday 21

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
If you offered most spurs fans a defeat against Chelsea and one of (hypothetical and not overly realistic) Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl, Marsch or Rodgers as manager by our next game against West Brom I think most would take the L

Mourinho into $7 to be the next manager sacked.

Worth a bet I reckon. If Chelsea put 3 or 4 past us then he might not see out the week.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Mourinho into $7 to be the next manager sacked.

Worth a bet I reckon. If Chelsea put 3 or 4 past us then he might not see out the week.

Kind of shows not to mock teams below you on the table, anything could happen since it is a long season. For the longest time Spurs supporters were calling Arsenal a relegation side. And now you could see Arsenal leapfrog Spurs over the next 3 matches given who both teams are playing. The tables have turned and it hasn’t even taken long either.

Sanchez 3 clean sheets in last 3 games seems to justify somewhat the club's decision to move on from Ryan.

Also Bissouma is bound for a bigger club sooner or later.

Don't be silly, Ryan is fantastic and definitely wasn't at the bottom of all stats for keepers!!1!

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Kind of shows not to mock teams below you on the table, anything could happen since it is a long season. For the longest time Spurs supporters were calling Arsenal a relegation side. And now you could see Arsenal leapfrog Spurs over the next 3 matches given who both teams are playing. The tables have turned and it hasn’t even taken long either.
Thats because since Nov we've actually been in relegation form ourselves. 1.1ppg since we drew to Palace

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Liked for truth.

Anybody still think that Mourinho is a manager for today’s football?

He’s lost the players.

I think his style is now best suited to underdogs wanting to punch above their weight. Spurs doesnt seem the right fit for him. Certainly he does not abide by the "To dare is to do" ethos of the club.

Having said that he could bring silverware home in the form of a LC this season and thats something not managed by a Spurs manager for a long time.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

This is true but I'd like to think I try not to mock struggling teams like Arsenal. ;)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
This is true but I'd like to think I try not to mock struggling teams like Arsenal. ;)

1612135307989.jpeg

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
Terrific win for Leeds. Hopefully Raphinha, Rodrigo and Bamfords injuries aren’t too bad otherwise we will be very thin against Everton.
I was impressed how we dealt with their pressure for large parts of the second half. We kept our shape for the most part conceding only half chances. Took our chances well too which will increase the confidence of players like Bamford. Great result!

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Poor Spurs.

Lol

I am past the point of being annoyed. I am f***ing livid.

If Daniel Levy did not know what he was getting when he offered this fraud a fat contract then he is a moron and should resign from his post at the club. It was bad enough that he had our best manager in 50 years with our best squad in 50 years playing at Wembley for 12 months longer than they should have been because he couldn't deliver his vanity project on time. That and the two windows where he didn't support Pochettino with even one solitary squad reinforcement probably cost us a trophy or two. Now we have Mr. Anti-football stinking up the joint and alienating the playing group who clearly have no interest in playing his turgid, toxic style of crap. And if Levy did know what he was getting and proceeded anyway then he should also resign on account of being utterly incompetent as a football department head.

It's a shame we cannot play in front of crowds at the moment because the half-full vanity project would be letting both Levy and Mourinho know exactly what they think.

How many careers must Mourinho ruin before he is finished as a top level manager? The guy has never done anything unless he has had half of Fort Knox to spend on players (sans possibly his early success at Porto) and Levy is not exactly known for being generous with transfer funds. He's frozen out Dele, our most naturally gifted player much like he did when he tried to ruin the careers of Kevin De Bruyne and Juan Mata (and others) during his previous roles. I wouldn't trust him to manage an A League team let alone the best part of $1.2b of prime footballing stock in Europe's best league.

Last edited:

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
when he offered this fraud a fat contract
Only saving grace there is that he was signed on a 3.5 year contract. The payout in length at least wouldn't be massive.

He's frozen out Dele, our most naturally gifted player much like he did when he tried to ruin the careers of Kevin De Bruyne and Juan Mata (and others) during his previous roles
Was Salah another that couldn't get a look in under him at Chelsea?

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I was impressed how we dealt with their pressure for large parts of the second half. We kept our shape for the most part conceding only half chances. Took our chances well too which will increase the confidence of players like Bamford. Great result!
Yep, took us about 15 minutes to get settled in the 2nd half due to their change but looked good after that. Thought it was Struijk’s best game so far.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Only saving grace there is that he was signed on a 3.5 year contract. The payout in length at least wouldn't be massive.

Was Salah another that couldn't get a look in under him at Chelsea?

Bingo. So Salah and De Bruyne who are two of the best three players (Kane being the other) in the League couldn't get a look in under this utter deadshit of a manager.

But watch him (and his sycophant followers) call genius after fluking the Tinpot Cup with wins against a walkover and Brentford. Jesus ******* Christ.

The ignorant, stupid and easily pleased Jose fanbois will lap it up. Some people sell their souls very easily and will grab that Mickey Mouse Cup even if it sets us back 10 years as part of yet another rebuild. These idiots will have you believe that winning any trophy will instill some sort of mythical winners mentality...like some goddamn unicorn

Where are Portsmouth now?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bingo. So Salah and De Bruyne who are two of the best three players (Kane being the other) in the League couldn't get a look in under this utter deadshit of a manager.

But watch him (and his sycophant followers) call genius after fluking the Tinpot Cup with wins against a walkover and Brentford. Jesus ******* Christ.

The ignorant, stupid and easily pleased Jose fanbois will lap it up. Some people sell their souls very easily and will grab that Mickey Mouse Cup even if it sets us back 10 years as part of yet another rebuild. These idiots will have you believe that winning any trophy will instill some sort of mythical winners mentality...like some goddamn unicorn

Where are Portsmouth now?
Mate unless something drastic happened to City the way they're going we've got very little hope in that cup. Its the Europa League where all our eggs should be placed right now

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Fair play to Liverpool, better team in 2nd half, deserved the points.

That Antonio miss ended up being pretty crucial in the end I think.

Spurs played Liverpool into form. Hammers only gave it a decent crack after they went 1-0 down. But that 2nd goal killed them. What a goal it was!

Antonio had a quiet game. Hammers main threat was from corners. Soucek lucky to stay on the field. Phillips was very good for Liverpool.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think his style is now best suited to underdogs wanting to punch above their weight. Spurs doesnt seem the right fit for him. Certainly he does not abide by the "To dare is to do" ethos of the club.

Having said that he could bring silverware home in the form of a LC this season and thats something not managed by a Spurs manager for a long time.

Yeah I think Jose needs to win the league cup to save his job.

Massive result for Brighton, I thought they were locked on to go down about a month ago, but I think they should be fine.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Spurs melting down. I remember not long ago the massive game against Liverpool where if they won they could go 6 points clear. It's all come crashing down now. The Kane injury hurts obviously but he gets at least one every season.

Leicester with a real poor result too, if they want CL they have to be beating Leeds.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Leicester with a real poor result too, if they want CL they have to be beating Leeds.
I bet Frank Lampard was hoping the Leicester effort against Leeds was the one that turned out against Chelsea. Probably delaying the inevitable, but that game decided his fate.

I'm still not convinced about Leicester's top four chances though, which isn't too dissimilar to the wheel's coming off in the the last quarter of last season where they dropped too many points against sides they should've been accounting for.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I bet Frank Lampard was hoping the Leicester effort against Leeds was the one that turned out against Chelsea. Probably delaying the inevitable, but that game decided his fate.

I'm still not convinced about Leicester's top four chances though, which isn't too dissimilar to the wheel's coming off in the the last quarter of last season where they dropped too many points against sides they should've been accounting for.
The thing is though, the other usual contenders for top four are miles off it. Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are all really struggling. United I can see falling away as well. Massive opportunity for Leicester for sure.

Back