Premier Lg EPL Matchday 22 & 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

An absolutely massive win.

I thought the defending on every goal was poor. Alisson was uncharacterisitcally bad. Him getting beat at the near post of all places is very bad, and I am not sure how Martinelli outmuscled VVD.

But, we still won and we were the better team. Team selection spot on.

We usually do poorly against Liverpool and I would have gladly taken a draw. Probably done City a big favour, and Liverpool are still top, but we leave ourselves with a chance still.

Gotta be said too, that this is great for the mental strength of the players and those at the club.
We have struggled against your lot recently. I think we've taken 1 point from 6 in back to back seasons from games against Arsenal. You guys used to be our bunnies, it's turning in that match up which is frustrating.

We didnt help ourselves though, we played so poorly.

Frustrating half, and we're in a battle. Plenty of the ball, plenty of chances and half chances.

Brentford haven't had much, but could easily have scored 2 or 3 that half. The goal was a really bad one to concede and I'm not too confident in us not conceding another before the night is out.

Frustrating half, and we're in a battle. Plenty of the ball, plenty of chances and half chances.

Brentford haven't had much, but could easily have scored 2 or 3 that half. The goal was a really bad one to concede and I'm not too confident in us not conceding another before the night is out.

Phil was brilliant. Not just his 3 goals but he was chipping in all round the field including tracking back to make crucial tackles in his own penalty area.

Haaland should have scored when clean through but otherwise Brentford didn't give him much of a sniff. Bernardo didn't have a great game by his own high standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back