EPL Matchday 22 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Also what is Tielemans doing at the end there for Leicester. You've just conceded and now you have to settle for the point. There is barely 30 seconds to go. Just make the safe pass. Dont pass it directly to the opposition in the middle of the park so they can counter. Awful stuff.

The Man U posters seem a bit angry this morning considering they won.

Probably The Spurs stunning smash and grab win at Leicester has soured their mood, much in the way it has really triggered Postponed Woolwich FC big time.

Sensational trolling by Tottenham 👍👍👍

I now declare Archie Thompson GOAT striker as nobody else will put 13 away in an international game again.

I remember when the Italian GOAT Del Piero was doing his last post game interview in Australia in his last game, the interviewer asked Archie Thompson to wait so Del Piero could be interviewed first. So Archie storms off in a strop lol. The guy probably thinks 13 goals against American Samoa (?) entitled him to be interviewed ahead of an actual icon.
Is it? 526 of his goals were in unsanctioned games.

Something like that. Different times back then, I suppose.

His record is vastly overstated, he played at a time when almost all players were amateurs, so where is the inaccuracy in my comment?

Because you conveniently overlook the fact that he won 3 World Cups and was the best player at 2 of them.

The Man U posters seem a bit angry this morning considering they won.

We have learnt not to be too happy about a win during a s**t performance because people like you will have a sulk.

But your post makes me realize that you will just have a sulk regardless of result.

Because you conveniently overlook the fact that he won 3 World Cups and was the best player at 2 of them.

Did you even read the article linked? Guess not.

It's fine, you like Pele, I think his achievements are overrated and overstated due to the era he comes from.

As the original question posed, there's a reason he's no longer in the GOAT discussions.

Did you even read the article linked? Guess not.

It's fine, you like Pele, I think his achievements are overrated and overstated due to the era he comes from.

As the original question posed, there's a reason he's no longer in the GOAT discussions.

I read the article and would know more about Pele than most on here.

But that doesn’t address the point I just made.

I mean the article literally goes into how he was outperformed at every World Cup he was at, but sure thing.

Guess you're the Pele authority.

I mean the article literally goes into how he was outperformed at every World Cup he was at, but sure thing.

Guess you're the Pele authority.

I’ll give you a tip sport, being the top goalscorer does not automatically make you the best player at the tournament.🤪

So Harry Kane was the best player at the last World Cup?

And Bleacher Report.😀

I’ll give you a tip sport, being the top goalscorer does not automatically make you the best player at the tournament.🤪

For a player who brags so much about his goalscoring record, it seems kind of relevant. Wasn't even Brazil's top scorer in 1970. 🤪

When Pele played the Brazilian league was a quality league, majority of their players were playing there.

To rubbish his record is ridiculous.

Who did that? I just said his record was over-inflated.

I remember when the Italian GOAT Del Piero was doing his last post game interview in Australia in his last game, the interviewer asked Archie Thompson to wait so Del Piero could be interviewed first. So Archie storms off in a strop lol. The guy probably thinks 13 goals against American Samoa (?) entitled him to be interviewed ahead of an actual icon.

Something like that. Different times back then, I suppose.

He is a fragile petal Archie.

You say even the slightest thing negative to him on twitter, he blokes you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a fragile petal Archie.

You say even the slightest thing negative to him on twitter, he blokes you.

You seem to have been blocked by a lot of people on Twitter..

For a player who brags so much about his goalscoring record, it seems kind of relevant. Wasn't even Brazil's top scorer in 1970. 🤪

Without getting into a pedantic argument, you did it indirectly rubbishing his record considering he spent all but three years playing in Brazil.

Bleacher Report as your great rebuttal. Hilarious.

He wasn’t the front man in 1970 you tit. He was the guy pulling the strings. Ever watched any of it? No?

Goose.

Without getting into a pedantic argument, you did it indirectly rubbishing his record considering he spent all but three years playing in Brazil.

Seems you're being a bit pedantic. All I said was that he was a stat padder. The amateur comment was a comment on the quality of the international players he came up against since Crypt seemed to fixate on his achievements there. I apologise if the Brazil league's quality was called into question by my comments.

Bleacher Report as your great rebuttal. Hilarious.

He wasn’t the front man in 1970 you tit. He was the guy pulling the strings. Ever watched any of it? No?

Goose.

Pele Fan Club's number one fan getting a bit upset.

He's not the GOAT, that was the original question, move on.

Pelican.

Seems you're being a bit pedantic. All I said was that he was a stat padder. The amateur comment was a comment on the quality of the international players he came up against since Crypt seemed to fixate on his achievements there. I apologise if the Brazil league's quality was called into question by my comments.
But wouldn't stat padding imply he was playing in a weaker league? Just how I take it from your comment(s).

And it's not like Brazil didn't beat chumps in WCs when Pele was in his pomp.

So you were wrong.

Santos was the best club side in the world during the Pele era.

But according to you they were just a bunch of sambo amateurs?

But wouldn't stat padding imply he was playing in a weaker league? Just how I take it from your comment(s).

And it's not like Brazil didn't beat chumps in WCs when Pele was in his pomp.

The stat padding was regarding the 530 goals he counts that were friendlies.

Again, the WCs that they won were done without Pele being the standout player in those tournaments, but meh, if Crypt is going to sob into his pillow at the thought of someone not thinking Pele is the GOAT then happy to draw a line under it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back