EPL Matchday 22 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

The stat padding was regarding the 530 goals he counts that were friendlies.

Again, the WCs that they won were done without Pele being the standout player in those tournaments, but meh, if Crypt is going to sob into his pillow at the thought of someone not thinking Pele is the GOAT then happy to draw a line under it.

Goals that I never mentioned. I have been going on his official numbers.

Again, you have conveniently overlooked his SF and Final in 1958 as a 17 year old. He was the best player in both of those matches after coming into the tournament slowly due to his age. That is not even debatable. No player in history has scored 5 goals combined in a SF/Final. He literally won Brazil the 1958 World Cup.

And he was the key player in '70 playing the creative role feeding Jairzinho.

Anyway, it's 3 more World Cups that Messi and Ronaldo will win. And whether you think he is or he isnt the GOAT is irrelevant. As is my opinion. But if you are going to spout s**t that he was an amateur stat-padder then you can expect to be called out.

The gap between Barca and Real Madrid and Rayo Vallecano is not a great deal different to what Pele had in Brazil. Sure both sides are professional but the "stat padding" still can happen in today's game. Harry Kane regularly does it with us. Staying on with games easily won against Leicester and Hull a few years back were clear stat padding moments.

The gap between Barca and Real Madrid and Rayo Vallecano is not a great deal different to what Pele had in Brazil. Sure both sides are professional but the "stat padding" still can happen in today's game. Harry Kane regularly does it with us. Staying on with games easily won against Leicester and Hull a few years back were clear stat padding moments.

Well according to SM Harry Kane was the best player at the last World Cup given he was the leading scorer.

Apparently the leading scorer is the best player. :D

The Man U posters seem a bit angry this morning considering they won.
Upset with the performance, tactics and substitutions not the result.

Understand the difference first before you comment.

Last edited:
Goals that I never mentioned. I have been going on his official numbers.

Again, you have conveniently overlooked his SF and Final in 1958 as a 17 year old. He was the best player in both of those matches after coming into the tournament slowly due to his age. That is not even debatable. No player in history has scored 5 goals combined in a SF/Final. He literally won Brazil the 1958 World Cup.

And he was the key player in '70 playing the creative role feeding Jairzinho.

Anyway, it's 3 more World Cups that Messi and Ronaldo will win. And whether you think he is or he isnt the GOAT is irrelevant. As is my opinion. But if you are going to spout sh*t that he was an amateur stat-padder then you can expect to be called out.
You didn't include a bird in this post, argument rendered void.

Probably The Spurs stunning smash and grab win at Leicester has soured their mood, much in the way it has really triggered Postponed Woolwich FC big time.

Sensational trolling by Tottenham 👍👍👍
Someone checked the score and didn’t watch the game. Anything but a smash and grab. Peppered them.

Had a couple of goal line clearances, couple off the bar. But were staring at defeat because they took their chances.
You seem to have been blocked by a lot of people on Twitter..
Is being blocked by someone twitter initiation? Haven’t popped that cherry yet.

Although have given Clem Ford the permanent disappearing act.

You didn't include a bird in this post, argument rendered void.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

(Just kidding, it's all good banter)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have learnt not to be too happy about a win during a sh*t performance because people like you will have a sulk.

But your post makes me realize that you will just have a sulk regardless of result.

Not sulking. Just an observation.

Someone checked the score and didn’t watch the game. Anything but a smash and grab. Peppered them.

Had a couple of goal line clearances, couple off the bar. But were staring at defeat because they took their chances.

Is being blocked by someone twitter initiation? Haven’t popped that cherry yet.

Although have given Clem Ford the permanent disappearing act.

You are right, I didn't watch the game, but being 1-2 in the 94th min of the game/injury (according to screenshots I have seen) and coming back to win from that position is what most pundits I am sure would call daylight robbery (in those circumstances)

Grats on the win anyway, I begrudgingly have to admit I am starting to like Tottenham under The Italian Stalian, United really blew it when they dilly dallied and chickened out of hiring Conte lol

Exactly the same response Fergie gave after almost every loss United had under his watch
I don't recall Ferguson ever discussing an oppositions players transfer fee in a post game press conference.

This is a really good article on the pro-Pele media machine and the subsequent anti-Pele pushback from younger generations.

Is it harder to score a hat-trick against Atlético Madrid in a tour game in 1966, or against Viktoria Plzen in a hometown semi-dead rubber in 2011? Who knows. But they both definitely involve scoring a hat-trick.

What is certain is that Pelé invented this game, the idea of individual global sporting superstardom, and in a way that is unrepeatable now. Forget the giant cakes, the solid silver sombreros, the urge to sweep these icons aside. That part of him, core Pelé, is a gift to all of us. It will remain untouchable.

This is a really good article on the pro-Pele media machine and the subsequent anti-Pele pushback from younger generations.

Is it harder to score a hat-trick against Atlético Madrid in a tour game in 1966, or against Viktoria Plzen in a hometown semi-dead rubber in 2011? Who knows. But they both definitely involve scoring a hat-trick.

What is certain is that Pelé invented this game, the idea of individual global sporting superstardom, and in a way that is unrepeatable now. Forget the giant cakes, the solid silver sombreros, the urge to sweep these icons aside. That part of him, core Pelé, is a gift to all of us. It will remain untouchable.

Excellent article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back