Premier Lg EPL Matchday 22 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

You would hope most of the high earners would see themselves as too good for the championship and push for moves.

This is good. You don't want most of them trying to fight their way out of the championship.

If you can break even on transfers on your p&l that's a result, the wage savings are more important.

That's fine but we still have the stadium debt and bank loans to pay off. This becomes significantly harder with less revenue.

Knowing this club they'll use the parachute payments to help pay off the stadium and we'll have no player investment to get back into the Premier League.
I thought the new stadium was being built and paid for by the Liverpool council?

Certainly was reported that way at the very beginning

Evertons midfield is significantly worse, and they haven't replaced Richarlisons goals and assists. And now they have just let Gordon go without a replacement.

Last few years 35-36 points would be enough to keep you up. Teams with 37 stay up more often than not.
So at minimum they are going to need at least 20 points from 18 games to be in with a chance to avoid relegation.

Same stage as last season Everton vs this season after 20 games played:
15th 5W 4D 11L 19 points 24GF 35GA
19th 3W 6D 11L 15 points 15GF 28GA

Might not seem like a big difference, but Everton had the 3 teams who would eventually be relegated below them in Norwich/Watford/Burnley and a Newcastle who had been bought by Saudis and went on a shopping spree and brought in a competent manager.

From there they beat Leeds, beat Newcastle (finished 11th), beat Man U (finished 6th), got a draw against Leicester (finished 8th) and then weeks later beat them, beat Chelsea (finished 3rd), got a draw with Watford (finished 19th) and beat Palace (finished 12th). 20 points in 10 to avoid relegation by 4 points and that was with a 6 point head start over this season.

This squad this year isn't getting the upsets that last years Everton team did.

In their last 10 games of the season they have Spurs (5th), Man U (4th), Fulham (7th), Newcastle (3rd), BHA (6th) and Man City (2nd). Horrendous.

Did Lamps get his formation wrong? The line up against West Ham looked like this.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Iwobi Onana Gueye
Calvert-Lewin Gray

Coleman and Mykolenko are not great going forward so Everton were effectively playing with 5 defenders, and the 3 midfielders trying to cover defence and attack. Agree about Richarlison.

My guess is Dyche will revert to 4 4 2 and try to get a lot of crosses into DCL.

That's fine but we still have the stadium debt and bank loans to pay off. This becomes significantly harder with less revenue.

Knowing this club they'll use the parachute payments to help pay off the stadium and we'll have no player investment to get back into the Premier League.

How does the redevelopment of Goodison factor into the financials?

I thought the new stadium was being built and paid for by the Liverpool council?

Certainly was reported that way at the very beginning
Everton backed out of it.

Moshiri's money is the only reason it's being built now, but it still needs further funding and for said funding to be paid off.

Everton backed out of it.

Moshiri's money is the only reason it's being built now, but it still needs further funding and for said funding to be paid off.

I'd assumed it'd be like the Spurs stadium where it's an interest only loan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enzo to start. James is back too, can he just stay fit please and thank you.
Forgot the game was on tonight

Season 3 Eating GIF by The Simpsons

Solid debut by Enzo who was our best. But still toothless in attack, and fed up of Havertz having almost moments. Should have sold Gallagher as just can't see him being a key player for us moving forward

Probably not a game for the neutrals, but i enjoyed the derby.

Nice to see a lot of the new boys getting a run but its going to take a little for them to gel. Im a bit more patient than a few so exciting times. I was most looking forward to seeing Madueke and love what i see.

Fulham are a pretty good side this season so no shame in a point atm all things considered. Bring on the Hammers.

Probably not a game for the neutrals, but i enjoyed the derby.

Nice to see a lot of the new boys getting a run but its going to take a little for them to gel. Im a bit more patient than a few so exciting times. I was most looking forward to seeing Madueke and love what i see.

Fulham are a pretty good side this season so no shame in a point atm all things considered. Bring on the Hammers.
You’re taking the piss aren’t ya? All that money spent and you’re happy with a nil all draw at home to Fulham? Don’t think so

You’re taking the piss aren’t ya? All that money spent and you’re happy with a nil all draw at home to Fulham? Don’t think so
I probably have different expectations of where we are at as a club atm, middle of a transition and you can see that on the pitch. I dont think we'll play well as a 'team' for a little while yet. I get that'll lead to a few rustled jimmies on here.

And no one should have disrespect towards Fulham, theyve been fantastic as a club this season.

I probably have different expectations of where we are at as a club atm, middle of a transition and you can see that on the pitch. I dont think we'll play well as a 'team' for a little while yet. I get that'll lead to a few rustled jimmies on here.

And no one should have disrespect towards Fulham, theyve been fantastic as a club this season.
Very level headed approach to take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back