EPL Matchday 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how Spurs go over the next month and whether adding to that ^ sample size supports or changes this narrative.

I know the perceived wisdom for most Spurs fans is that they’re a better side with him in it, but personally I’m no more or less fearful of facing a Spurs front 4 of Eriksen, Alli, Moura and Son than I am of one with Kane in the mix. It’s still a very dangerous group.

In an environment where they can’t match the likes of United or City for financial muscle, I do wonder at what point Spurs decide they’d be better served doing what we did with Coutinho - selling him for £150-200m and reinvesting into 4-5 top quality signings.

Will be interesting to see how Spurs go over the next month and whether adding to that ^ sample size supports or changes this narrative.

I know the perceived wisdom for most Spurs fans is that they’re a better side with him in it, but personally I’m no more or less fearful of facing a Spurs front 4 of Eriksen, Alli, Moura and Son than I am of one with Kane in the mix. It’s still a very dangerous group.

In an environment where they can’t match the likes of United or City for financial muscle, I do wonder at what point Spurs decide they’d be better served doing what we did with Coutinho - selling him for £150-200m and reinvesting into 4-5 top quality signings.

For every Coutinho there’s countless examples where selling your best player and reinvesting it doesn’t work out. Spurs saw it themselves with Bale.

For every Coutinho there’s countless examples where selling your best player and reinvesting it doesn’t work out. Spurs saw it themselves with Bale.

Us too. That’s not a fundamental problem with that particular transfer strategy though, that’s an HR problem, clubs not having the right people in the right positions making decisions and executing the strategy.

How confident would Spurs be handing Levy and Mourinho £150-200m?

I think we were something like 3 points worse off in the league the season following the sale of Bale - so you could argue we weren’t worse off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Liverpool don't lose this week then I don't see them dropping points in the league until April. (Wolves at the Molyneux the toughest game in-between)

I think that will mean the league is already won by the time they arrive at the Ethiad.

Yes but the caveat to that is we’ve been absolutely dreadful against fellow big six teams (United and Chelsea) under him, plus we’ve been dogshit in general since that Chelsea game. I think you are just being super cautious in saying what you’ve said, there’s no real reason you shouldn’t win by at least three goals. Within the first 10 minutes of the game you will probably be able to tell whether spurs have any chance of getting something out of the match.

Liverpool vs Mourinho (all time):
P29 W7 D10 L12

Don’t underestimate your manager. Whenever we’re on a roll, it seems like he’s always the one to shove a stick into our spokes.
and have you seen our list of fit midfielders?

Ndombele has been ruined by Poch’s Navy SEAL training regime and can’t even play a game now without getting injured.

Sissoko. Injured to April.
Wanyama. Not sure he’s still alive but anywhoo.
Dier. Keeps contracting illnesses since his appendix.

Dier, Winks, Skipp.
We’ll get trounced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back