EPL Matchday 22

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yep exciting times ahead for you guys. A few well placed transfers and you will be challenging for the league within the next couple of years.
Just a winger, left back and back up striker away from being a pretty good side. Need to spend smartly in the summer.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
This.

The lack of intent and the fact he got the ball first saves him from the red I'm assuming. But it's definitely reckless and should have gotten a yellow.

To not even check for a red card is what they got wrong. Can VAR even give yellow cards?

I’d have given him a yellow. He clearly took the ball with unavoidable but not malicious or overly excessive follow through, but you could argue he was careless/reckless. Red cards are for ‘violent conduct’ or ‘serious foul play’. This was neither.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I’d have given him a yellow. He clearly took the ball with unavoidable but not malicious or overly excessive follow through, but you could argue he was careless/reckless. Red cards are for ‘violent conduct’ or ‘serious foul play’. This was neither.
I guess the problem is some of the other red cards given don't pass that sniff test and are being used as the benchmark for this one.

I wouldn't say Auba's one was violent or serious foul play either. Was a strikers challenge that was 110% reckless. But if that's not what warrants a red then it shouldn't have been given.

I guess the problem is some of the other red cards given don't pass that sniff test and are being used as the benchmark for this one.

I wouldn't say Auba's one was violent or serious foul play either. Was a strikers challenge that was 110% reckless. But if that's not what warrants a red then it shouldn't have been given.
Lol PEA's was absolutely a red, no idea how you can argue otherwise.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Winning the ball is irrelevant, when will people understand this?
Here come Brades with the 🎣 again
8BC81FB9-2FCB-486F-AA75-74BEB9889A7D.gif

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Missed the game live, too many vinos. Just got around to watching it then.

Another big win. A few nervy moments but on balance I think we just edged them over the full 90.

Extremely talented footballer but both in and out of possession I thought Eriksen was completely ineffectual. Like watching Ozil at his worst.

In possession he often seemed to be caught in no man’s land. Not deep enough to help Winks bring the ball out of defence, or not high enough to support Moura with the long balls, leaving his team mates isolated with large distances between the lines, making Spurs much easier to defend against. 19 passes in 70 minutes is not good enough.

Out of possession, for a side with 30% possession (which we assume was a deliberate move by Mourinho), he wasn’t fighting anywhere near hard enough to win the ball back. I read a stat that he and Winks had 8 recoveries to Henderson & Chamberlain’s 20.

It wasn’t until he came off and Lo Celso & Lamela came on that they started looking more cohesive going forward. No surprise Spurs 2 best chances came later in the game.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
12 from our last 17 games the equation now (I think?). After 30 years of scrapping and falling short it still doesn’t seem right that breaking the drought would be so straightforward. It’s irrational but I’m still expecting a blip at some point.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
12 from our last 17 games the equation now (I think?). After 30 years of scrapping and falling short it still doesn’t seem right that breaking the drought would be so straightforward. It’s irrational but I’m still expecting a blip at some point.
I’m thinking that we beat Mancs but draw or lose to Wolves.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Missed the game live, too many vinos. Just got around to watching it then.

Another big win. A few nervy moments but on balance I think we just edged them over the full 90.

Extremely talented footballer but both in and out of possession I thought Eriksen was completely ineffectual. Like watching Ozil at his worst.

In possession he often seemed to be caught in no man’s land. Not deep enough to help Winks bring the ball out of defence, or not high enough to support Moura with the long balls, leaving his team mates isolated with large distances between the lines, making Spurs much easier to defend against. 19 passes in 70 minutes is not good enough.

Out of possession, for a side with 30% possession (which we assume was a deliberate move by Mourinho), he wasn’t fighting anywhere near hard enough to win the ball back. I read a stat that he and Winks had 8 recoveries to Henderson & Chamberlain’s 20.

It wasn’t until he came off and Lo Celso & Lamela came on that they started looking more cohesive going forward. No surprise Spurs 2 best chances came later in the game.

Agree on this. Eriksen wasn't putting in the hard yards. Spurs fans deserved better than his efforts. Not sure what bids Spurs have received for him but it's probably come to the point where they just need to get him out of the club now.

Lo Celso looked lively when he came on.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Disappointing to lose the clean sheet, but can't complain with the performance.

Pretty dominant display, Aguero now the most prolific goal scoring foreigner in English football, overtaking Thierry Henry.

When all's said and done I believe Aguero will be ranked as the greatest CF in PL history. Any chance he can accept an early retirement this summer :) :)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has any Spurs fan on these boards just once posted a balanced, non-biased opinion or thought on their club? You know applying some neutrality rather than the blindly biased BS? I’m pretty sure they haven’t.
Even you must know there’s only one set of fans that show overwhelming bias week in week out. In fact everyone knows the score on that. Why not as of next week try and post more objectively? Seeing as you’ve already got the title in the bag it shouldn’t be too hard to do

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Even you must know there’s only one set of fans that show overwhelming bias week in week out. In fact everyone knows the score on that. Why not as of next week try and post more objectively? Seeing as you’ve already got the title in the bag it shouldn’t be too hard to do

What hasn’t been objective? You are literally in the minority on here in regards to the Robertson incident so not sure exactly what you’re talking about.

In regards to the game I think most Liverpool fans have acknowledged that even though we dominated for 70 minutes we were a bit lucky at the end as you missed a few good chances.

Credit to Pearson for turning things around at Watford. They looked gone before he took over.
Another great escape under his management. Time to get on Watford for next year's title when Ranieri is appointed after Pearson is sacked after an off-field indiscretion in south-east Asia.

Back