EPL Matchday 22

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, its an indictment on modern society that some players down tools if they don't get the move they want or a new improved contract. The reality is the likes of Rose / Eriksen are still getting paid great wages that 99.99% of the world can only dream off to play at a great club in London. Their is no excuse for the drop off, they should be putting 110% in right up to the day Spurs agree to transfer them or their contract expires. Like you said some players knuckle down and perform when they don't get their move which is how every player should react.
Yeah exactly. Total opposite to what we saw from Modric and Bale when they were denied moves. They then went out there and put in their best season for the club. You owe it to the fans and yourself to do that. Rose and especially Eriksen have let themselves down

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s fine now actually. Of course unless you want to stir things up again?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah exactly. Total opposite to what we saw from Modric and Bale when they were denied moves. They then went out there and put in their best season for the club. You owe it to the

Yep. For me it speaks volumes about the mentality of players. You want players who perform when the club are struggling, not ones that are snowflakes about not getting a huge payrise or a move to another club. Coutinho tried to get out in summer 2017 but to his credit he put a masterclass on until he left for Barca.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
All I want to see like always is an entertaining game, and I usually get behind the underdog so United will get my support. We are not making top four so it doesn’t matter in that respect
Amazing that your hatred for Liverpool even gets in the way of what's best for your club. Which is a loss for United.

That's nuts for me.

Last edited:
All I want to see like always is an entertaining game, and I usually get behind the underdog so United will get my support. We are not making top four so it doesn’t matter in that respect
You'll go for the underdog unless that underdog is Liverpools youth side against Villa or Everton in a cup game.

Just say you'll go for anyone against Liverpool no matter what. Even if it hurts Spurs.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'll go for the underdog unless that underdog is Liverpools youth side against Villa or Everton in a cup game.

Just say you'll go for anyone against Liverpool no matter what. Even if it hurts Spurs.
I was pretty neutral in the Everton liverpool game and couldn’t give two shits in that league cup one. It would have been nice for Everton fans to finally of got that monkey of winning at Anfield off their back, but it was also good to see pretty much a youth team go toe to toe with a premier league outfit and win.

As I said I don’t think spurs have got any chance of top four this season. I want to see an entertaining game first and foremost, with some kind of drama that hopefully goes United’s way. The league is really boring for everyone outside of Anfield so hopefully something dramatic occurs

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Amazing that your hatred for Liverpool even gets in the way of what's beat for your club. Which is a loss for United.

That's nuts for me.
Why are you incapable of reading posts before you comment? I said I don’t see us as top four contenders. Comprehend?

Most of the time when players lunge in after letting the ball run like that, it’s a yellow at best. People will claim he got the ball, but that doesn’t usually matter when it’s careless like that

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Most of the time when players lunge in after letting the ball run like that, it’s a yellow at best. People will claim he got the ball, but that doesn’t usually matter when it’s careless like that
That’s what the non-Liverpool fans have been saying all along

That’s what the non-Liverpool fans have been saying all along

Yeah not true at all

SM, Moomba, Thistle and Chef all didn't think it was card worthy in this thread. But you also claim that's due to them having a vendetta against you, rather than them having an unbiased opinion on the matter. (Ego much?)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah not true at all

SM, Moomba, Thistle and Chef all didn't think it was card worthy in this thread. But you also claim that's due to them having a vendetta against you, rather than them having an unbiased opinion on the matter. (Ego much?)

Liverpool fans win the biased award every year. It’s what you do best, Embrace it and learn to love thyself.

As for those posters who backed the scousers up. Look at the names you’ve listed and what would you expect? It’s not really an endorsement of your position

Liverpool fans win the biased award every year. It’s what you do best, Embrace it and learn to love thyself.

As for those posters who backed the scousers up. Look at the names you’ve listed and what would you expect? It’s not really an endorsement of your position

So anyone who doesn't like you and has an opinion that goes against yours is automatically doing it because they don't like you? How does your head fit through a door?

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So anyone who doesn't like you and has an opinion that goes against yours is automatically doing it because they don't like you? How does your head fit through a door?
I was joking you doughnut. God knows why they sided with you lot. Probably got dropped on their heads as babies

Var can't recommend a yellow so even if the incident was worth a yellow it wasn't going to result from a review.

Interesting that DCL got a yellow after his goal was disallowed for handball by VAR

Interesting that DCL got a yellow after his goal was disallowed for handball by VAR
The question I have with that is, did the ref originally think it was a hand of god goal on purpose or did he think it was a goal and then VAR overruled it.

I assume a ref can give a yellow on their own judgement but VAR can't recommend it. Weird though.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
There are a lot of grey lines in football - it amazes me that this board can't simply hear two differing views of opinions on a matter, respect each other's opinions, and move on.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make them bias, it might just be one of those grey areas football is abundant with.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
There are a lot of grey lines in football - it amazes me that this board can't simply hear two differing views of opinions on a matter, respect each other's opinions, and move on.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make them bias, it might just be one of those grey areas football is abundant with.

it mirrors society in general these days...

Back