EPL Matchday 22

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s what the non-Liverpool fans have been saying all along

Vast majority in here (Liverpool & non-Liverpool fans) thought it was a yellow card at best, 2-3 posters thought it should’ve been a red. I leant towards a yellow for the record. Not sure where you’ve pulled this weird ‘biased Liverpool fans vs the world’ narrative for this particular example. Seems like you’re clutching at straws to try to prove your point.

Perhaps try debating these incidents on their merits. If you think people are wrong say so, provide evidence and move on instead of crying that people are biased or have an agenda against you anytime they disagree with you.

Last edited:
Vast majority in here (Liverpool & non-Liverpool fans) thought it was a yellow card at best, 2-3 posters thought it should’ve been a red. I leant towards a yellow for the record. Not sure where you’ve pulled this weird ‘biased Liverpool fans vs the world’ narrative for this particular example. Seems like you’re clutching at straws to try to prove your point.

Perhaps try debating these incidents on their merits. If you think people are wrong say so, provide evidence and move on instead of crying that people are biased or have an agenda against you anytime they disagree with you.
When I see a Liverpool fan express a non-biased opinion I swear I’m gonna throw a party. That’s how ridiculous it’s all got

Funny thing is I had left this alone and moved on with Zidane to other things. Was willing to let it lie and see how things went next MD. But no, you had to bring it all back up didn’t you

The question I have with that is, did the ref originally think it was a hand of god goal on purpose or did he think it was a goal and then VAR overruled it.

I’m not too sure, pretty sure he signalled goal as normal to start with. It was the correct VAR decision, but the yellow was harsh as he didn’t deliberately use his arm. He was trying to bundle the ball over the line with his chest & his upper arm made the contact.

If he used the monitor he would have seen that, I just reckon VAR told him no goal due to handball & the ref just assumed it would have to have been deliberate

Those two decisions show the difference between Liverpool’s VAR outcomes and everyone else’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not too sure, pretty sure he signalled goal as normal to start with. It was the correct VAR decision, but the yellow was harsh as he didn’t deliberately use his arm. He was trying to bundle the ball over the line with his chest & his upper arm made the contact.

If he used the monitor he would have seen that, I just reckon VAR told him no goal due to handball & the ref just assumed it would have to have been deliberate
I recall something last year something about handballs leading to penalties always being given a yellow.

Otamendi's in the champions League was as unintentional as you can get but the card came out as soon as VAR gave the penalty.

Stupid if it is part of the rules.

The 3 pundits on ESPN, only one of which is biased toward Liverpool all agreed the call/non-call for Auba and Robbo were correct (just pointing out it's not just Liverpool fans).

If I were supporting Spurs I would have thought the decision to award a throw in to Liverpool that lead to the only goal, would have been the far greater point of consternation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back