EPL Matchday 22

On the surface he is right, and the attacking players apart from Kane and Son are providing absolutely nothing but fundamentally midfield is broken, no creativity, no synergy or link up play. Too passive out of possession and reliant on precise counterattacks or Kane brilliance for goals.

We didn’t lose today because we conceded, that is likely to happen in a big derby game, we lost because we cannot score - in fact - we struggle just to creat chances.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots

On the surface he is right, and the attacking players apart from Kane and Son are providing absolutely nothing but fundamentally midfield is broken, no creativity, no synergy or link up play. Too passive out of possession and reliant on precise counterattacks or Kane brilliance for goals.

We didn’t lose today because we conceded, that is likely to happen in a big derby game, we lost because we cannot score - in fact - we struggle just to creat chances.

Didn't know Dele Alli was still alive.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
3 goals is an improvement on what Brighton should have done to us. Jose turning things around already?

It seems like Spurs got cursed when you thumped Traditional Rivals Leeds at Home 😄😄😄

Seriously I think Jose's time is almost up but when Do Levy and the board take some responsibility?

Hindsight is 20/20, I think you should have stuck with Poch longer, despite a bad run of results towards his end at Tottenham.

JM was/is never a long haul type of manager.
You guys are lucky in that Harry Kane is a very loyal type of lad, and will not hand in a request for a transfer to a club that is more capable of winning silverwear/compete in Europe at this point in time than Spurs.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We were his last roll of the dice. Hasn't worked out. Time to move on before it gets even more toxic and turgid
I don't agree with that, he just needs to find a club with a more defensive culture.
Atletico Madrid etc.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Would have thought Steven Bergwijn's been a bit of disappointment and someone Spurs need more from, has been injured a bit though.
Been picked over Lucas and bale because he works hard. But his attacking play isn't suited to us at all. Isn't the sort of winger who beats defenders in 1v1 or 1v2's, more the give and go and clever run type player. But we seem to always leave him running at one or two defenders.

Its like we've seen him run fast and think hey you're like Zaha.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How many top clubs have that? None in England.

Not that many, maybe an international job is his next go.
Point is up until maybe a month or so ago he was actually coaching a solid defence.

I think Tottenham need to cut their losses with Bale and Bergwijn and go and get themselves Pedro Neto.
Someone like him would really help with Mourinho's counter

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't see why Spurs brought Bale back, esp if JM is not going to play him?
It's pretty clear the Bale they thought they were getting doesn't exist anymore. He's looked garbage in every minute of every game I've seen him play

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Been picked over Lucas and bale because he works hard. But his attacking play isn't suited to us at all. Isn't the sort of winger who beats defenders in 1v1 or 1v2's, more the give and go and clever run type player. But we seem to always leave him running at one or two defenders.

Its like we've seen him run fast and think hey you're like Zaha.
Agree with all that, I think he gets treated as a best 11 player when besides how he started for you he's never really grabbed that opportunity. Neto is a decent shout, but wonder if you'll have buyer's remorse dealing with Wolves after how Doherty has gone so far.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Agree with all that, I think he gets treated as a best 11 player when besides how he started for you he's never really grabbed that opportunity. Neto is a decent shout, but wonder if you'll have buyer's remorse dealing with Wolves after how Doherty has gone so far.
Neto wouldn't flourish with us though. Bergwijn is picked because he'll listen to the defensive winger instructions that Mourinho gives him more than Lucas or bale. Neto probably wpuld listen too. But it'll stifle his attacking game like it is Bergwijn's.

It's no coincidence that some of our best Mourinho performances have coincided with Bergwijn having a good attacking game where he isn't outnumbered.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
If we lose to West Brom he's gone. If he isn't sacked, some Spurs fan will stab him.
I cant see tight arse making a move until the cup final. Our whole gameplan is back when Harry returns next week, so at worst by the cup final we'll be 10th and probably still in the EL. Enough excuses to keep JM on until we are out of all the cups

Back