EPL Matchday 22

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I cant see tight arse making a move until the cup final. Our whole gameplan is back when Harry returns next week, so at worst by the cup final we'll be 10th and probably still in the EL. Enough excuses to keep JM on until we are out of all the cups

Mate, we'll be out of the EL by late April.

We have almost zero chance of winning the cup final against City. And even if we do, we had the softest cup run in the history of football that winning it wouldn't vindicate the decision to hire this clown in the first place.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Mate, we'll be out of the EL by late April.

We have almost zero chance of winning the cup final against City. And even if we do, we had the softest cup run in the history of football that winning it wouldn't vindicate the decision to hire this clown in the first place.
I'm not saying I wouldn't sack him if we are 10th by then. But I can't see Levy pulling the trigger.

EL who knows. We could get another soft run and put our eggs in that basket and be into a QF by then.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's enough to turn the Dalai Lama violent mate.

I felt that way about many Leeds managers over the years to be fair mate. (Neil Warnock And Terry Veneables to name but two, than Garry Monk after he did the dirty on us and fled to Boro, reportedly taking private club Intel about the players, makes me so happy to see his managerial career go to the toilet ever since)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Kane's injury may be Jose's get out of jail free card when it's all said and done.

I doubt they'll do anything until the summer in any case, unless he lost say the next 3 in a row also, then it would get interesting rather quickly.

Shame Tuchel is not available anymore for Spurs also because he followed them growing up because of Klinsmann apparently.

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looks like the Martial dive is now a matter of fact. 6-0 up weren't they? Jeez!

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kane's injury may be Jose's get out of jail free card when it's all said and done.

I doubt they'll do anything until the summer in any case, unless he lost say the next 3 in a row also, then it would get interesting rather quickly.

Shame Tuchel is not available anymore for Spurs also because he followed them growing up because of Klinsmann apparently.
Our next manager would be wise to ask what actually does the club stand for and want?

Hiring Mourinho abandoned most of what we've tried to do under previous regimes but it's a style that wins trophies. We shall see how that goes in the next 4 months.

Our most enjoyable and succesful managers in my time have been Jol, Poch and Arry. And all 3 built around a similar identity. Attacking football and a squad built with a young Brittish and Irish core.

Jol: Robinson, King, Dawson, Carrick, Jenas, Lennon, Keane and Defoe. Then we replaced him and changed tune signing guys like Giovanni Dos Santos, Zokora, Pavlychenko. When that didn't work Harry came in

Redknapp: brings back Defoe. Gets in crouch and Kyle Walker along with other trusted PL experience. Most importantly gets Bale firing.

Then we bring in AVB who takes bale to another level and gets Scotty Parker working with Modric, but when Bale leaves we abandon policy again and get the magnificent 7 from all over the world which failed.

Poch: we then bring in the manager responsible for the most England debuts. Builds his side around Rose, Walker and Kane. PL experienced signings in Toby and Dembele get the most out of int teammate Vertonghen. With squad filler spots taken up by academy players like mason, townsend and winks.

As fans we have bought into those 3 projects. Under AVB we merely were in awe of Bale who was in the top 5 players in the world that year. We weren't amazing largely but carried by sheer brilliance.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Would Spurs go after Rodgers jd2010 fits that sort of mould you were describing, but then would he leave Leicester etc.

Hard to think of other young up and comers except for say Marco Rose and Julian Nagelsmann obviously. Allegri would be too similar to Jose really.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Would Spurs go after Rodgers jd2010 fits that sort of mould you were describing, but then would he leave Leicester etc.

Hard to think of other young up and comers except for say Marco Rose and Julian Nagelsmann obviously. Allegri would be too similar to Jose really.
Yeah I think we would go for Rodgers but why would he make a sideways step?

At least the Germans might harbour PL ambitions. The American from RB Salzburg another that's been mentioned. Hassenhuttl even with the two 9-0's has a style that could work well at a top 6 club that needs to punch above it's weight

Think Mourinho will still get the chance to build a team, not been easy in a pandemic to get the players you want.
As do I. Jose generally joins a team at the start of a season so the comparisons to his season 2 success before season 3 implosion isn’t really as applicable here.

He has had 1 summer window, pandemic hampered, to bring in players whereas in all the other ‘2nd seasons’ he’s had 2. Clear as day he has favourites and guys he doesn’t favour. Definitely needs another window to get the personnel he wants.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Erik Ten Haag, Graham Potter, Ralph Hassenhuttel all different but attacking managers.

Real real outside shout maybe Jardim.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Erik Ten Haag, Graham Potter, Ralph Hassenhuttel all different but attacking managers.

Real real outside shout maybe Jardim.
Ten Haag's an interesting shout considering how Ajax have gone in the Champs League. Potter I don't think has enough wins as a manager in the EPL to go to a Spurs yet. Hassenhutl might be the best candidate out of the 3 but his stock probably isn't as high as what it was a couple of months ago.

Eddie Howe may be one from left field if he doesn't end up at Celtic. I struggle to think of too many others really.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Ten Haag's an interesting shout considering how Ajax have gone in the Champs League. Potter I don't think has enough wins as a manager in the EPL to go to a Spurs yet. Hassenhutl might be the best candidate out of the 3 but his stock probably isn't as high as what it was a couple of months ago.

Eddie Howe may be one from left field if he doesn't end up at Celtic. I struggle to think of too many others really.
Honestly i could see like a Hassenhuttl to Tottenham and then Potter to Southampton

Back