EPL Matchday 23 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Everton 100% have the saddest (or angriest) fans in the prem. And with good reason.

With good reason? They have an owner who is trying to give them everything they want. Big spending, sacking managers who don't get results, trying to show ambition. Literally the only reason Everton have to be angry is that they haven't achieved that success. But like.. when they did their 29 protest or whatever it was, the question was asked: what do they want the owner to be doing differently other than "signing the right players" as if that's so easy?

New postponement rules coming in. Said it before but this will cause a huge issue now. There will be key relegation battle matches where teams will feel they should be able to postpone like other teams did earlier in the season but can't now due to the change in rules.

Not sure if this is something the clubs vote on or whether it is up to the PL itself. If it goes to a vote I doubt there will be a majority vote to get the rule passed.
It says in the article clubs will vote on it and need 14 to get it approved.

With good reason? They have an owner who is trying to give them everything they want. Big spending, sacking managers who don't get results, trying to show ambition. Literally the only reason Everton have to be angry is that they haven't achieved that success. But like.. when they did their 29 protest or whatever it was, the question was asked: what do they want the owner to be doing differently other than "signing the right players" as if that's so easy?
As I said before I don't blame Rafa for taking the money (and eventual payout), he loves the city. But they hired the wrong manager, the supporters despise Rafa, and I could smell it being a Mick Malthouse double-agent situation as soon as he signed. He never had and never will have the backing of the fans and the whole situation was very toxic, so it ended up being just a waste of time. Somehow the Everton fans could see it ending badly but not the people that run Everton.

As I said before I don't blame Rafa for taking the money (and eventual payout), he loves the city. But they hired the wrong manager, the supporters despise Rafa, and I could smell it being a Mick Malthouse double-agent situation as soon as he signed. He never had and never will have the backing of the fans and the whole situation was very toxic, so it ended up being just a waste of time. Somehow the Everton fans could see it ending badly but not the people that run Everton.

Yes they made the wrong decisions but it's not like they're a Newcastle not spending money, or a Burnley asset stripping, etc. I don't think they have much to be angry about other than the wrong calls being made. At least they're making calls.

Whether you backed him or not. 1 win in 13 games means a lot more than if the fans like you.

At the very start plenty of Everton supporters gave him a chance, obviously on a short leash but still a chance none the less. Then the boneheaded decisions started to come and the fans weren’t happy.

In terms of angry or sad. I’m not angry at Moshiri like other Everton supporters are. Rafa was a bad signing on his part but up to that point he made sizeable cash investments, stadium etc. Not his fault Carlo dipped or that the other managers sucked.

I am sad though that this great club is reduced to a now average bottom table PL team and not even the “best of the rest” like we used to be. I don’t think we’ll get relegated but I don’t think we’ll ever be a successful club ever either.

Hull have the most supporters obsessed with Leeds.

Ah yeah like all the Leeds fans who pop into the Championship thread after we've lost a game. Can't remember the last time I threw out bait after one of your losses - and in fact spent your last game praising one of your players.

Ah yeah like all the Leeds fans who pop into the Championship thread after we've lost a game. Can't remember the last time I threw out bait after one of your losses - and in fact spent your last game praising one of your players.

You seemed pretty proud to post your Leeds for relegation bet at one stage. I was just basing my post on me putting SM & Leeds into the search function here and it blowing my iPad up.

You seemed pretty proud to post your Leeds for relegation bet at one stage. I was just basing my post on me putting SM & Leeds into the search function here and it blowing my iPad up.

I posted that because someone (you, I believe) suggested if I thought you were going to go down I should put my money where my mouth is so I did.

Reckon if I put Elmer & Hull, or Joops & Hull, or any other Leeds combo it'd meltdown the search function too. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted that because someone (you, I believe) suggested if I thought you were going to go down I should put my money where my mouth is so I did.

Reckon if I put Elmer & Hull, or Joops & Hull, or any other Leeds combo it'd meltdown the search function too. :)
I have 3 pages relating to Hull posts.
I gave after up after Leeds & SM hit 50 pages.
Just sayin’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back