Premier Lg EPL Matchday 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Jorginho is so underwhelming as a midfield signing when the title is on the line. Arsenal should have done what it takes to get Caicedo done, maybe Brighton would have then taken Jorginho off Chelsea's hands for a snippet as a result. As it stands their bid of 65m was never going to be enough.

Jesus is a massive loss, and I think this run shows Nketiah probably doesn't have what it takes to be a top level striker, still think he can do a job off the bench however. The Balogun/Jesus/Nketiah quandary is easier to answer.

Reckon you should've gone for Vlahovic with Juve's troubles. His finishing is much better than Jesus's. Nketiah is Arsenal's Divock Origi effectively, never good enough to be a starting striker but good enough to be an impact player here and there.

Jesus is a massive loss, and I think this run shows Nketiah probably doesn't have what it takes to be a top level striker, still think he can do a job off the bench however. The Balogun/Jesus/Nketiah quandary is easier to answer.
The most common thing I would see on Arsenal boards after our hot start to the season was "how ****ed are we if Partey/Jesus gets injured" and to be fair Jorginho wasn't the problem today.
I don't know if Balogun is the answer, he needs another loan next season, but Nketiah really should be 2nd or 3rd choice who comes on when we are chasing a goal, not when we need a player to be a focal point in the build up.

Reckon you should've gone for Vlahovic with Juve's troubles. His finishing is much better than Jesus's. Nketiah is Arsenal's Divock Origi effectively, never good enough to be a starting striker but good enough to be an impact player here and there.
Vlahovic would have been great, but I think him choosing Juve over Arsenal in 2022 meant the club were probably not too keen on trying to get him again.

Title race not done yet. A bad week for Arsenal, but the difference between this and the city/Liverpool years is that City still look vulnerable in a lot of games and don’t look like getting near previous points totals.

As much as I don’t think they’re good enough, even United are still in it.

Am I the only non-Arsenal fan that thought it was a pen for Arsenal? The timing of the shot should be irrelevant.

Players make passes in the middle of the ground and get clipped afterwards and it's normally a foul and/or paid advantage. Should be the same in the box.

City are all but home now, sitting top of the league without having to be anywhere near their best. Also they've played all the really marquee away games like at arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Am I the only non-Arsenal fan that thought it was a pen for Arsenal? The timing of the shot should be irrelevant.

Players make passes in the middle of the ground and get clipped afterwards and it's normally a foul and/or paid advantage. Should be the same in the box.
Think the problem with that argument is that is virtually never given.
Same with keepers missing the ball on corners and jumping into a player. Techincally there but how often is it given?
Remember a Villa game a few years back - the opposition keeper quite literally tried to punch the ball and missed and instead made contact with the Villa players head... in a VAR era... no penalty.

Why is the shot irrelevant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is probably a penalty but you rarely see them given

Might have said it definitely wasn't a penalty if Arsenal got a result of that game though

well if this is the first of them paying it then sure. I won't hold my breath however

well if this is the first of them paying it then sure. I won't hold my breath however

The difference in the middle of the pitch is that fouls are determined in the context of impeding a chance, so long as the challenge isn't reckless, violent, etc. He didn't impede a chance so it shouldn't be a foul.

He’s got a busy night ahead of printing and then organising enough courier vans to deliver the documents.

-oaQWzkIrxk3oMKaGoc5anHlfPc=.gif

Thought the penalty was pretty clear cut. Ederson causes Nketiah to go down, it wasn’t like they both ran into each other. Ball then deflects to exactly where Nketiah would’ve been if not taken down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back