EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last year the only game I didn't think we could win heading into it was the Barca 2nd leg because we were 3-0 down. And they proved me wrong.

(Not including the under 9s vs Villa league cup game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last year the only game I didn't think we could win heading into it was the Barca 2nd leg because we were 3-0 down. And they proved me wrong.

(Not including the under 9s vs Villa league cup game)
I'm sure you thought you could win at OT as well this year too.

Shows what a boring season this is when supporters are hankering after a top six position.

Interesting to see what happens with the top 4 race. Chelsea have a buffer but there was that season where 4th/5th/6th just kept dropping points towards the end (cant remember which season it was). Got a feeling something similar will happen this season.

Just looking at the EPL table you realise how insane Liverpool's record is, 20-1-0 is truly remarkable.

P60 W51 D8 L1 going back to May 2018. Equivalent to 102 point per season pace for that period.

Was thinking last night how mental it is that by chance in one of these close games the opposition hasn’t hit a postage stamp in the top corner from 30 yards, or fluked a goal from a nasty deflection at a set piece or something.

I suspect Alisson is a big factor, I’m sure if I looked back, these random events which would’ve cost us points probably have occurred, but his anticipation is so good he’s making a lot of these saves (which Mignolet/Karius would’ve gotten nowhere near) look easier than they are.

Will be interesting to see what Mourinho does with Eriksen this week after his performance against us. It might be that injuries dictate he has to play, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Jose left him out to make a point. Spurs fans will be able to comment on what he’s been like in general recently but watching him in our game I got the impression he’d checked out. They looked a far better side after he left the field.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back