EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed to win that, considering our upcoming fixtures.

Better in the first half, missed Anderson and Antonio today, Lanzini has been pretty poor this season.
It’s very congested down there. Can definitely see it being a 40 point season to stay up this time

Frustrating game, we've had one or two of those this season.

Can't get Laporte back quick enough, but I think a few might be moved on in the summer. Just not showing the same hunger and desire of the past two seaaons. Understandable but once you lose it, it's not that easy to get back.

Personally, I didn't think Zaha was a penalty, he knocked the ball forward and then moved right away from the line of the ball to initiate contact. Seen them given, and couldn't have complained too much of it wasn't given but my first thoughts were no pen. And watching the replay has just confirmed that for me.

On the handball my first thoughts were that it should have been a pen, and I'm sure many similar will be given as pens his season. But it's such a stupid rule and refereed so inconsistently it's just pot luck really.

And from a supporters point of view they're not the sort of things you want punished.

Playing Kante and Mount in the CM against teams that sit back just doesn't work, hasn't worked all season. Not sure how Frank can't see this and our two best CMs at dribbling the ball through(Kova and Barkley) are sitting on the bench.

Weak wrists once again for Kepa and Rudiger not great.

We don't deserve to be sitting 4th but everyone else is pretty s**t, surely won't be long before someone takes it from us.

No goal in 3 consecutive premier league games. 2 of those without Kane, first time since 2013. Desperate times ahead with even Llorente being worth having a look at

Dominated, absolutely dominated. Yet we leave St James with nothing after plenty of missed opportunities and our defence switching off for a second. Seen this movie too often now and I'm sure it will get better with time but it may cost us a top 4 spot come season's end.

Within 10 minutes of winning at the Etihad and within 3 minutes of losing. Incredible last 10 minutes. Impressed how we defend and awkward to beat. Four draws in a row 3 of them away so we are going ok.

Right call overturning penalty against Reidelwald. Not sure you can tuck your arms in when your at full stretch with your foot. Zaha penalty....hmmmm...could have been given on another day.

Can't be unhappy with a point at the Etihad. Would love another at Anfield in n a few weeks.

Within 10 minutes of winning at the Etihad and within 3 minutes of losing. Incredible last 10 minutes. Impressed how we defend and awkward to beat. Four draws in a row 3 of them away so we are going ok.

Right call overturning penalty against Reidelwald. Not sure you can tuck your arms in when your at full stretch with your foot. Zaha penalty....hmmmm...could have been given on another day.

Can't be unhappy with a point at the Etihad. Would love another at Anfield in n a few weeks.
Don’t be greedy. 😉

Dominated, absolutely dominated. Yet we leave St James with nothing after plenty of missed opportunities and our defence switching off for a second. Seen this movie too often now and I'm sure it will get better with time but it may cost us a top 4 spot come season's end.
Being Chelsea?

Lost 5 of our last 7 there. We've lost to a fair few s**t sides this season.

Lost 5 of our last 7 there. We've lost to a fair few s**t sides this season.
Never look forward to playing the toon.
Being Chelsea?
Currently but we are playing well and I'm bullish that as this team grows in experience we'll be able to capitalise on these types of performances with greater frequency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Kante and Mount in the CM against teams that sit back just doesn't work, hasn't worked all season. Not sure how Frank can't see this and our two best CMs at dribbling the ball through(Kova and Barkley) are sitting on the bench.

Weak wrists once again for Kepa and Rudiger not great.

We don't deserve to be sitting 4th but everyone else is pretty s**t, surely won't be long before someone takes it from us.
What do Chelsea supporters think of Kepa?

His output hasn't appeared overly impressive and he's also had the substitution fiasco obviously, would be surprised if he had the fans onside?

What do Chelsea supporters think of Kepa?

His output hasn't appeared overly impressive and he's also had the substitution fiasco obviously, would be surprised if he had the fans onside?
To quote myself from another thread.
His wrists are too weak, he doesn't command his area(weak under the ball, gets lost under it) and hes pretty inconsistent. But with what he cost us we aren't going to take a loss and we'll persevere for now.

He's only young for a keeper so he will get better.

Frank is pretty keen to bring Shay Given(rates him highly as a GK coach) other from Derby to work with Kepa so hopefully that happens.

Lols at $$$$$$$$$$$ drawing with palace. Pep needs another few hundred mil to challenge for the league but by July if he fails again like he does every year in the champs league (without Messi) he'll be given the boot. Good riddance too.

1025740.gif

Frustrating game, we've had one or two of those this season.

Can't get Laporte back quick enough, but I think a few might be moved on in the summer. Just not showing the same hunger and desire of the past two seaaons. Understandable but once you lose it, it's not that easy to get back.

Personally, I didn't think Zaha was a penalty, he knocked the ball forward and then moved right away from the line of the ball to initiate contact. Seen them given, and couldn't have complained too much of it wasn't given but my first thoughts were no pen. And watching the replay has just confirmed that for me.

On the handball my first thoughts were that it should have been a pen, and I'm sure many similar will be given as pens his season. But it's such a stupid rule and refereed so inconsistently it's just pot luck really.

And from a supporters point of view they're not the sort of things you want punished.
Yep agree in boh instances.

And on Zaha the run into the leg trick is a favourite of his. Definitely not a penalty. Nothing contentious about it whatsoever.

The handball - while I don't think that should ever be a penalty - it's just an unlucky deflection onto his own arm but you can be certain similar penalties have been given (and stood) this season and more will be given. The inconsistent application of VAR renders it pointless.

Lols at $$$$$$$$$$$ drawing with palace. Pep needs another few hundred mil to challenge for the league but by July if he fails again like he does every year in the champs league (without Messi) he'll be given the boot. Good riddance too.
Winning the league with complete class I see.

You're about to win the league for the first time in what 30+ years? Lose the hate and enjoy the ride. It will be a special and very well deserved and long overdue moment for your club and its supporters.

Pep is a managerial legend, not winning the league this season or even the Champions League will change that. And in terms of the Champions League you mention luck in having Messi etc but he took that Barcelona team to the next level and at City they have been ridiculously unlucky in the knockout stages. Particularly last season.

Winning the league with complete class I see.

You're about to win the league for the first time in what 30+ years? Lose the hate and enjoy the ride. It will be a special and very well deserved and long overdue moment for your club and its supporters.

Pep is a managerial legend, not winning the league this season or even the Champions League will change that. And in terms of the Champions League you mention luck in having Messi etc but he took that Barcelona team to the next level and at City they have been ridiculously unlucky in the knockout stages. Particularly last season.

I can't help it sorry ☹️. We haven't won the title yet either. I don't see how city have been "unlucky"? Have they even made it to the semis in recent years ?

Doubt any team was unlucky as Liverpool were in the 2018 cl final. Best player injured from a thug, same thug elbows keeper, keeper makes two f ups and bale scores bicycle kick goal. Things were patched a year later 😛

Pep post Barca has won leagues with the best teams and most resources. In the champions league he has been found wanting. Legend or not, the Barca team was great and they were a joy to watch though a bit repetitive and boring as I would watch them regularly. Since his time in England in particular the last two seasons he's had an ugly and annoying obsession with Liverpool so yes there is hate.

Credit to VAR where its due in the City / Palace game. Palace penalty not a handball, the laws of the game specify no handball offence if the ball deflects off the player onto his own arm and its in a natural position which it was for a defender stretching out to cut a cross off.

Zaha also initiated contact when he went down claiming a pen. Sometimes those are given but VAR correctly did not intervene and left as referee call.

I can't help it sorry ☹. We haven't won the title yet either. I don't see how city have been "unlucky"? Have they even made it to the semis in recent years ?

Doubt any team was unlucky as Liverpool were in the 2018 cl final. Best player injured from a thug, same thug elbows keeper, keeper makes two f ups and bale scores bicycle kick goal. Things were patched a year later 😛

Pep post Barca has won leagues with the best teams and most resources. In the champions league he has been found wanting. Legend or not, the Barca team was great and they were a joy to watch though a bit repetitive and boring as I would watch them regularly. Since his time in England in particular the last two seasons he's had an ugly and annoying obsession with Liverpool so yes there is hate.
manager answers questions about his main rival. the nerve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back