EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

This is spot on.

Would you rather win the league or go back to back in CL?

Win the league first, but I love the idea of getting another European Cup final/trophy under our belts.

A third consecutive European cup final and maybe a 2nd trophy, and this team goes from being one which had a brief albeit bright flash of success to one which will be cemented in the history books.

Supporters of clubs like Real, Milan, Bayern, Ajax and ourselves dine out on memories of periods of European dominance for decades. Only win your domestic league and people will question whether you were truly the best side in the world at the time. Only win one European Cup and people will say the stars aligned.

Win 2-3 European Cups and it’s very difficult for anyone to refute that side as the eminent team of the era.

Long way to go though, there are some brilliant sides standing between us and the final.

Speaking about the injuries, at one point our bench vs Sheff Utd at the start of 2020 was Adrian, Phillips, Williams, Jones, Lallana, Elliott, Origi

If everyone is fit in 1-2 weeks, we could have Adrian, Matip, Milner, Keita, Ox, Minamino, Origi as a probable bench (With Lovren, Lallana, Shaqiri, Jones, Elliott and Williams outside the 18).
Wa WA wa.. we had Cuco Martina and Niasse on the bench because we had 2 for midfielders

Remember after the QPR game being almost offended that another premier league was starting again so soon.

It's been a great season by Liverpool and they'll win the league by a mile. I hope they don't break 100 points, and I hope they don't win it at our place or the match before.

But come August it'll be back to the grind. Seems almost cruel.
I hope we become Centurions and Invincibles. Would be amazing.

While I admitted that I think it's over 3 weeks ago, there is still heaps of time to go with the invincibles stuff.

We've got a CL and FA Cup run to juggle and if we win the league officially really early, it will be interesting what sides are fielded in the dead rubber PL games and if the attitude of the players drop off.

Although if the Gold PL trophy is something we are seriously after down the line then I guess the late season games are not dead rubbers.
I think the players have these records in mind now. If we are still on track in 8 games or so, Where he we've already won the league. I don't think it matters. They will go for history i reckon.

Watch wolves beat us midweek to just ruin everything anyways haha

Arsenal went through the 2003/2004 season unbeaten winning 26 and drawing 12. If Liverpool lose one to end the season W36, D1, L1 who do you guys reckon had a better season ?

Arsenal went through the 2003/2004 season unbeaten winning 26 and drawing 12. If Liverpool lose one to end the season W36, D1, L1 who do you guys reckon had a better season ?
Whoever had the most points had a better season, but you only get the gold PL trophy for having 0 losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back