EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Jog on. You are so two faced.

If we had done that and scraped past or failed to win you’d have dug Jose out for it. And yes, I saw your daft tweet claiming we rushed Kane back.

We had a win, just bloody enjoy it.

I honestly think he'd rather you lose because he has more fun moaning.

I reckon he just wants Mou gone. Under Poch he was much more the optimist.

I guess that's what I mean, but also the whole "I don't actually watch the games anymore" seems to be a schtick he's enjoying bragging about. Which doesn't work as well if he doesn't watch and they end up winning.

Or you are both right. Ramsdale lunges for the ball and makes contact, contact that Werner is openly aiming for.
100%
I just don't like the tactic, Werner literally passes it to a Sheffield player. 0 interest in actually going for goal.

Happens all the time, I don't like it.

Saw him tweet about Kane a day ago and laughed. Remember that his prior ankle injuries he was assisted off the field, this time he played on and was subbed at HT. So clearly only minor, yet rushing him back.

Then saw the lineup and thought it was the perfect game for JD. We win, as we did and he can moan about a strong side against West Brom, yet the PL is a comp where even against the bottom sides you need to go strong or you can lose. But had we dropped points he could moan about Mourinho as we’d have gone strong and not won.

Read his comments on the game in our thread. Moaning about picking a strong side, and digging out Moura and Lamela with back handed compliments, who both played well.

Sorry jd2010 but Bale didn’t deserve a start after his recent disinterested performances, he was treated the same as Winks, Ndombele and Dele and benched. Vinicius?? Our main man is fit so naturally he is benched.

Lastly, this isn’t directed at JD but Sanchez played well yet not a word said about it by anyone as he’s on the shitlist with fans. Lying in wait collectively for his next stuff up to bitch about him.

I guess that's what I mean, but also the whole "I don't actually watch the games anymore" seems to be a schtick he's enjoying bragging about. Which doesn't work as well if he doesn't watch and they end up winning.
Hard to do player ratings as he has done today if you don’t watch either...

Nah unlike some I do want Jose to work. I don't want us to have to start again for the 14th time this century. But if I'm a betting man on if it does or not, my money is it doesn't.

It was a complete performance against the worst opposition I've seen in the league. That takes nothing away from how well we played, but the comment has to be made about how easily they are to score against. They have conceded 54 goals already! And they have a ST who forgot the offside rule in the 2nd half. Mou knew we needed to get the win so he put in his trusted players which is his right.

My disappointment is more to do with the fact we have so many players he deems aren't good enough to beat West Brom at home and we rushed back our main man. But Mou isn't going to be concerned too greatly that these players aren't good enough, he is there to keep his job. The other positive with not trusting Carlos V, Bale or Dele is two of the 3 are on loan. One thanks to his mate Mendes. I was happy with the loan with option to buy because if he turned out to be poor we only lose the 4m but wasted a 25 man squad spot. With Bale he can wash his hands because it's a Levy deal. And similarly with Dele he can wash his hands because its Levy who is forcing him to keep him.

It was good to see Lucas and Lamela from the start. Lucas running the show for us. Now they need to back it up against either Everton in the FA Cup or City in the league. Going to be an interesting week and one that considering who we've got there's a weird sense of confidence that there'll be two Mou Masterclasses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he just wants Mou gone. Under Poch he was much more the optimist.
There was a good piece on Twitter about Mou's first 46 games in charge and Poch's last 46. There was a ppg comparison which someone shared on our thread which was 1.6 to 1.9 Poch's way. But more glaring was the % of games this poster thought we played well in. He was pretty generous too I felt, 46% for Mou to 60 something under poch. So even in Poch's demise we played better and whilst the ppg had dropped off it's still better than what we are currently achieving under a more dour style of football

Saw him tweet about Kane a day ago and laughed. Remember that his prior ankle injuries he was assisted off the field, this time he played on and was subbed at HT. So clearly only minor, yet rushing him back.

Then saw the lineup and thought it was the perfect game for JD. We win, as we did and he can moan about a strong side against West Brom, yet the PL is a comp where even against the bottom sides you need to go strong or you can lose. But had we dropped points he could moan about Mourinho as we’d have gone strong and not won.

Read his comments on the game in our thread. Moaning about picking a strong side, and digging out Moura and Lamela with back handed compliments, who both played well.

Sorry jd2010 but Bale didn’t deserve a start after his recent disinterested performances, he was treated the same as Winks, Ndombele and Dele and benched. Vinicius?? Our main man is fit so naturally he is benched.

Lastly, this isn’t directed at JD but Sanchez played well yet not a word said about it by anyone as he’s on the shitlist with fans. Lying in wait collectively for his next stuff up to b*tch about him.
So he did watch in the end? Weird.

There was a good piece on Twitter about Mou's first 46 games in charge and Poch's last 46. There was a ppg comparison which someone shared on our thread which was 1.6 to 1.9 Poch's way. But more glaring was the % of games this poster thought we played well in. He was pretty generous too I felt, 46% for Mou to 60 something under poch. So even in Poch's demise we played better and whilst the ppg had dropped off it's still better than what we are currently achieving under a more dour style of football

Those ppg comparisons are some of the laziest things I see going around. It's so facile to take a selective period of time to compare when more significant underlying factors matter. Klopp had a worse ppg than Rodgers up to a point and even the ppg brigade were out with Arteta v Emery and look how that's panned out.

Was more, why is he running off his line. I mean it's 100% rudigers fault.. but it wasn't a confident keeper there.

Its weird you can shoehorn your Mendy trigger into that Rudiger * up. But hey you do it to all keepers bar Pickford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back