Remove this Banner Ad

Sphynx

Senior List
Jul 10, 2011
Heatherton F.C
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wrong
If you kick someone's foot outside the area and they dive 10 feet to get into it. It's not a penalty.
The foul was commited outside and Raphina fell in.

Well when you kick someone you general make contact and cease making contact instantly, so the foul is a split second event.

When you grab someone, my interpretation of the foul is: the foul commences when you make the illegal contact and the foul ceases when you disengage in the contact.

Given he grabbed him outside the area, then released him inside the area, I think the foul finished in the area. Penalty.

Totally different examples you are citing. It has nothing to do with Raphinha and how he fell, but when the Palace defender ceased grabbing him

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Well when you kick someone you general make contact and cease making contact instantly, so the foul is a split second event.

When you grab someone, my interpretation of the foul is: the foul commences when you make the illegal contact and the foul ceases when you disengage in the contact.

Given he grabbed him outside the area, then released him inside the area, I think the foul finished in the area. Penalty.

Totally different examples you are citing. It has nothing to do with Raphinha and how he fell, but when the Palace defender ceased grabbing him
Fair enough
Did some reading I was wrong. I was certain that wasn't that case

joop

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wrong
If you kick someone's foot outside the area and they dive 10 feet to get into it. It's not a penalty.
The foul was commited outside and Raphina fell in.
But he didn’t commit the foul and then Raph fell into the area, he was still holding him.

Remove this Banner Ad