HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Cost them points too. He's probably about even. Literally less than a week ago he cost them 2 points with two ordinary attempts at saving Lingard shots.

He had a poor one against West Ham, no doubt, but lord you need some salsa for that Villa chip on your shoulder. :tearsofjoy:

UTV

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Soucek's 3 match ban overturned on appeal by the FA.

Glad they made that decision, was worried they wouldn't want to admit Mike Dean was wrong 2 times in a row though.

Speaking of Dean, he asked not to referee any games in the next matchday because he's been getting death threats apparently...

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Glad they made that decision, was worried they wouldn't want to admit Mike Dean was wrong 2 times in a row though.

Speaking of Dean, he asked not to referee any games in the next matchday because he's been getting death threats apparently...
Like I've never had them so it's easy for me to say but surely you can just ignore these? Clearly everyone high profile gets these now and I can't even think of a single example of them actually happening since what? The Colombian goalie?

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Like I've never had them so it's easy for me to say but surely you can just ignore these? Clearly everyone high profile gets these now and I can't even think of a single example of them actually happening since what? The Colombian goalie?
As bad as this is to say, I feel like it's a bit of a deflection tactic from Mike Riley and co., when they know Dean has made 2 bad decisions in a row and all of the media etc. is baying for his blood per se, to try and build up some sympathy for him etc.

Just say that he made a mistake, be honest and up front about it and move on really....

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
As bad as this is to say, I feel like it's a bit of a deflection tactic from Mike Riley and co., when they know Dean has made 2 bad decisions in a row and all of the media etc. is baying for his blood per se, to try and build up some sympathy for him etc.

Just say that he made a mistake, be honest and up front about it and move on really....
It gets rolled out by everyone after they do something.
it's the back up to the mental health card.

Personally think the abuse that people in football are getting at the moment is disgusting.

It's happening way too often, and it's getting more and more vile and sinister in its nature.

Think Dean is a poor ref by all means. Think he's a biy of a dick if you like. But to abuse or threaten him or his family because he cocked up reflects really badly on football supporters imo.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Personally think the abuse that people in football are getting at the moment is disgusting.

It's happening way too often, and it's getting more and more vile and sinister in its nature.

Think Dean is a poor ref by all means. Think he's a biy of a dick if you like. But to abuse or threaten him or his family because he cocked up reflects really badly on football supporters imo.
Mate it's not football, it's literally everywhere.
All sports ppl, celebrities, politicians etc.
They all cop the exact same.

You can turn public comments and msgs off, but alot of these people wanna bathe in the adulation when it comes so it's kinda on them imo

You can turn public comments and msgs off, but alot of these people wanna bathe in the adulation when it comes so it's kinda on them imo

Precariously close to going down the path of victim blaming. The abuse he has received is utterly disgusting, that he feels he needs a week off from his job should make those individuals feel ashamed

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Not sure how Luiz's wasn't.

Does that make it OK?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Why should anybody have to go to those lengths to avoid things?

Do you go to work to get abused?

Rafinha is up there with the best players outside the top 4-5 clubs imo.

He's up there with Zaha, Grealish, Soucek etc imo.

Absolute gun.
Was very impressed when they got him, he's a gun.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why should anybody have to go to those lengths to avoid things?

Do you go to work to get abused?
It's not really the point.
It happens and people need to deal with it, it's all well and good saying don't abuse people but as long as theirs a connection on the internet there will be abuse. It's like saying fix global hunger? Just feed everyone.

Well that's great but it's not reality.

If people don't like abuse you can hide comments from fandoms. It's actually just one button you press

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's not really the point.
It happens and people need to deal with it, it's all well and good saying don't abuse people but as long as theirs a connection on the internet there will be abuse. It's like saying fix global hunger? Just feed everyone.

Well that's great but it's not reality.

If people don't like abuse you can hide comments from fandoms. It's actually just one button you press
This is exactly what is wrong with society.

I guess poor mental health "just happens and people need to deal with it"

Back