EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Bamford said it was so slippery he put rugby studs in at half time. I saw a couple of players slip and look like they had hurt themselves - Klich and Ayling?

It was a poor game to watch due to how Palace play, made worse by having no fans and Martin Tyler commentating.
What's wrong with Martin Tyler?

Was a great commentator but is well past it now
Most uk based fans I see on forums/twitter say the same thing.

Grates a lot how badly he is biased towards Liverpool and United in commentary.

Thought Tyler was terrific as usual today's game. Didn't miss a thing and gives good information still.
Yeah I thought he was fine, don't really get the hate.

Interesting 2 topics Roy and Zaha.

Roy will probably keep you in the PL but after 8 years Palace fans want a bit more. We set up defensively and can be dour to watch if our attacking threat is not there. Plenty of Palace fans want Roy out but it would present a risk, remember Frank DeBoer?

Get the impression at times Wilf doesn't want to be there. He can appear to be out of a game but even then takes some marking and defenders' focus. Was poor v Newcastle yet we won.

Not sure where I stand in the Roy debate yet. He annoys me how we set up, he doesn't shake things up when he needs to and sometimes I shake my head with his subs. But we are PL still and it gets boring just hanging around.

Yeah tend to agree it is probably time for Roy and Palace to part company at the end of the season.

If the status quo remains next season, you may find yourselves in a relegation dog fight (you guys should be safe this year on account of how bad the bottom 3 have been/are)

Yeah I’m a fan of Martin Tyler as well. There are plenty worse than him out there.

32 points at this stage is a pretty remarkable effort considering we really haven’t had a first choice defence on the park all season with Koch and LLorente injured as well as Cooper missing a fair chunk as well.

Will be interesting how hard we go in the summer transfer market to make sure we don’t do a Sheff Utd.

Lovely stuff...

I reckon if FIFA were serious, these sort of blatantly deliberate fouls (not the first part of that tackle where the CP defender is pushing into him, rather the deliberate act of grabbing and pulling Raphina down) hold would be an automatic red card. Sure Raphina or players being deliberately pulled back aren't at risk of being injured, but its deliberate and is done to prevent goal scoring opportunities for that player or putting another teammate through which is surely what the game wants more of.

IMO a yellow simply isn't enough for a blatant foul.

Personally, would've loved to have seen what Raphina could have pulled off had he not be tackled to the ground.

I reckon if FIFA were serious, these sort of blatantly deliberate fouls (not the first part of that tackle where the CP defender is pushing into him, rather the deliebrate holdwould be an automatic red card. Sure Raphina or players being deliberately act of grabbing and pulling Raphina down) pulled back aren't at risk of being injured, but its deliberate and is done to prevent goal scoring opportunities for that player or putting another teammate through which is surely what the game wants more of.

IMO a yellow simply isn't enough for blatant foul.
Lol what.
What's the difference between that and a genuine foul outside the area then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol what.
What's the difference between that and a genuine foul outside the area then
If the CP defender was seriously trying to legally stop Raphina and clipped him or pushed him away causing a foul, then so be it, but endorsing blatant pulls that couldn't be anymore deliberate should be a red cardable offence.

If the CP defender was seriously trying to legally stop Raphina and clipped him or pushed him away causing a foul, then so be it, but endorsing blatant pulls that couldn't be anymore deliberate should be a red cardable offence.
Completely disagree

Nah, cynical fouls should stay. You only do it once.
Prefer the cynical grabs as they are less dangerous to the deliberate clips of the heels or the tackling the back leg as some sort of pretense of going for the ball (eg Son on Gomes last year)

I reckon if FIFA were serious, these sort of blatantly deliberate fouls (not the first part of that tackle where the CP defender is pushing into him, rather the deliberate act of grabbing and pulling Raphina down) hold would be an automatic red card. Sure Raphina or players being deliberately pulled back aren't at risk of being injured, but its deliberate and is done to prevent goal scoring opportunities for that player or putting another teammate through which is surely what the game wants more of.

IMO a yellow simply isn't enough for a blatant foul.

Personally, would've loved to have seen what Raphina could have pulled off had he not be tackled to the ground.

It should have been a penalty anyway.

The foul carried into the area, doesn't matter where it started, he was still holding him/fouling him when his foot was in the area.

It actually is how the rule works.

He still had contact with him when his foot was in the area.

Watching it live I was surprised it didn't go to VAR.

View attachment 1054379
Wrong
If you kick someone's foot outside the area and they dive 10 feet to get into it. It's not a penalty.
The foul was commited outside and Raphina fell in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back