EPL Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong
If you kick someone's foot outside the area and they dive 10 feet to get into it. It's not a penalty.
The foul was commited outside and Raphina fell in.
You really don't see how this is a different situation?

Wrong
If you kick someone's foot outside the area and they dive 10 feet to get into it. It's not a penalty.

Well when you kick someone you general make contact and cease making contact instantly, so the foul is a split second event.

When you grab someone, my interpretation of the foul is: the foul commences when you make the illegal contact and the foul ceases when you disengage in the contact.

Given he grabbed him outside the area, then released him inside the area, I think the foul finished in the area. Penalty.

Totally different examples you are citing. It has nothing to do with Raphinha and how he fell, but when the Palace defender ceased grabbing him

Well when you kick someone you general make contact and cease making contact instantly, so the foul is a split second event.

When you grab someone, my interpretation of the foul is: the foul commences when you make the illegal contact and the foul ceases when you disengage in the contact.

Given he grabbed him outside the area, then released him inside the area, I think the foul finished in the area. Penalty.

Totally different examples you are citing. It has nothing to do with Raphinha and how he fell, but when the Palace defender ceased grabbing him
Fair enough
Did some reading I was wrong. I was certain that wasn't that case

Wrong

Did Raphinha get kicked or was he pulled back?

EDIT: All good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back