EPL Matchday 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best a team has played against all season in the league. We were somewhat lucky to get away with a win, but I think we make our own luck too. Good finishing at the right times, Allison making crucial saves all the time, etc.

Agreed, one of our toughest opponents to date this season. Really well organised, confident and dangerous going forward, particularly down the flanks where they caused us a lot of problems. We could’ve easily lost points here.

Wolves played bloody well and created more than enough chances to get something out of the game, they just couldn’t finish them. Partly that’s Alisson, partly that’s poor finishing (not sure if they had a bad day or if it’s an ongoing issue?).

Conversely at the other end, as you said we put ours away. Maybe that’s luck, maybe that’s just the sign of a clutch side.

Individual performances, Henderson & Firmino were great but I also thought Gomez had yet another very good day out. Our defensive record since he returned from injury speaks for itself.

94 points from 96 available. Wow.

Just living through this run makes me appreciate Arsenal's invincibles season a lot more.

We've still got ages to go to even catch them. We could easily drop a game until then.

Not to mention Arsenal went 49 unbeaten as well.

The league is much more competitive now than it was back then too, would be a phenomenal achievement if Liverpool go unbeaten.

You sure? Every team seems to be pretty s**t beside liverpool, citeh and maybe leicester

Just an opinion, the standout teams back then were obviously Arsenal and United. Chelsea and Liverpool rounded out the "big 4" as it was known. I feel its much more competitive now, any team on their day can cause an upset if you're a little bit off your game. I don't recall so many teams being separated by so few points as it now seems to be from that 4/5th position to say 12th/13th.

40 games unbeaten in the league. Can’t see a Liverpool side doing this again in my lifetime.

Done it all through luck too!

Don’t think Liverpool deserve to be in the conversation in regards to Arsenal’s Invincibles. Sure they’re probably the best side in the league right now but they’ve been very lucky to not drop points this season. The amount of times they’ve been bailed out by either Var or some random piece of luck is ridiculous. They deserve to be leading the league but I think they’ve looked very beatable for a side that’s undefeated. Probably more on a City level from the last 3 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think Liverpool deserve to be in the conversation in regards to Arsenal’s Invincibles. Sure they’re probably the best side in the league right now but they’ve been very lucky to not drop points this season. The amount of times they’ve been bailed out by either Var or some random piece of luck is ridiculous. They deserve to be leading the league but I think they’ve looked very beatable for a side that’s undefeated. Probably more on a City level from the last 3 seasons.

Lol come on dude.

Lol what. Loving this luck narrative. Arsenal had far more draws than Liverpool so far. I would say the team with more draws were a lot more lucky to not lose. Liverpool are only 4 games off matching Arsenals win total in their invincible season with 15 games left!

so on par with the City side of the last 3 years that almost all pundits have claimed have the best squad to ever grace the premier league?

anyone would think Liverpool haven't had a decision go against them on VAR and are only winning because of a lucky bounce of the ball on a weekly basis

2018 champions league runners up excuses= you only got their because there was no VAR, you will be ****ed when it comes in
2019 champions league winners = you only won because VAR helped you out

yawn!

Luck like van Nistelrooy missing a last minute penalty

Not sure if you're just trolling and not sure if you remember that season but Arsenal might've gone thru the PL undefeated but they lost numerous games in the cup comps and Wenger parked the bus in the last half dozen games or so in order not to lose.

Can’t see Liverpool losing, maybe a draw here and there but they just keep winning, those players must seriously feel like they’re walking on water at the moment, the feeling walking onto the pitch and thinking “We’re the best in the world” would give you so much confidence.

Traore has got TAA on toast down that left hand side

Wasn't he up against Robertson?

Agree with the common taters that he has improved his final ball. That clipped cross while running at full pelt was delicious. I wonder if he will take up Spain's offer if they call him up again, or will he play for Mali in the African Nations in April.

I'm not convinced that a Liverpool player should be POTY at this stage. Our success has been built off even contribution from a large number of players in our squad. I would say that we could feasibly have more than half of the top ten (if such a ranking was to be made), but that De Bruyne has been the league's most outstanding player thus far. If it was to be a Liverpool player, I think Mane is the most likely but even he has cooled off of late - whereas De Bruyne is going to comfortably break the assists record and score a fair few goals too.

I think the 2017-18 season sets a similar precedent, when Salah won the award despite City having the greatest season in Premier League history. Although Salah's season was probably a level above what De Bruyne is doing this season, it does show that record breaking teams don't necessarily automatically also collect all the individual awards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back