EPL Matchday 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone utter 🔔🔚🔚 of a 'LUFC' supporter made fun/had a go at Ĺuke Alying on his post match interview cause he has a slight stutter.

We have some real shithead supporters, thankfully most of the TwitterWhites have roasted this utter numpty.

I feel very angry about this because Ayling has been my favourite player for a few years now and I recall watching on Take Us Home Docu how he spoke up against gutless Internet Trolls and critics and how it affected him mentally and emotionally.

Why wouldn’t he?

Homesickness, wanting to play in a team he plays well in, not responding well to Bielsa's demands, just being honest with himself that he's not up to the PL, there's plenty of reasons if you think hard enough.

There's been a few murmurs already that he wants out so I guess we'll see, but given his form I can't see him there next season either way.

IMO If Mike Ashley doesn't sack Bruce, I think Newcastle will come very very close to gettinf relegated. Probably won't bother him too much as he will enjoy aanother parachute payment the git.

Reckon he'd enjoy the PL funds more.

Homesickness, wanting to play in a team he plays well in, not responding well to Bielsa's demands, just being honest with himself that he's not up to the PL, there's plenty of reasons if you think hard enough.

There's been a few murmurs already that he wants out so I guess we'll see, but given his form I can't see him there next season either way.

Yeah fair enough. Heard a little bit about him being homesick but not sure if it was accurate. He is unlucky that Bamford has been so prolific otherwise you would think he‘d been given a chance at number 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeds have been missing their CBs all season too. Played a FB at centre back last game and a mid at right back. Then a CB at DM.
Not a single peep.
Err isnt their main CB pairing Koch and Cooper who have played 17 and 11 games for Leeds in the PL from a possible 23 games. In contrast VVD has played 5 games and Gomez 6. Matip just 9 for good measure.

Yeah seems exactly the same.

Last edited:
How many of those are genuine starters? 3?

Leeds have been playing their championship side.

They were missing Koch, Llorente, Phillips, Rodrigo on the weekend - all genuine starters. Koch, Llorente, Foreshaw and Berardi have essentially missed the entire season, Cooper, Raphinha and Klich have also missed weeks. Phillips missed over a month earlier in the season also and there's talk he might be out for most of the rest of the season. Poveda is also out for most of the rest of the year.

They are a newly promoted side with nowhere near the same squad outlay as Liverpool, yet you don't hear the media banging on about their injuries.....
Fabinho, VVD, Gomez, Matip, Jota... all genuine starters. I'm aware Leeds have had a few injuries, not nearly as bad as we have had though. That's probs why the media arent banging on about it.

Interesting thing is Werner is a decent player but has a hard time finishing goals creates the chances well which he doesn't get much credit for, but hopefully for him he is still ascending.

How many of those are genuine starters? 3?

Leeds have been playing their championship side.

They were missing Koch, Llorente, Phillips, Rodrigo on the weekend - all genuine starters. Koch, Llorente, Foreshaw and Berardi have essentially missed the entire season, Cooper, Raphinha and Klich have also missed weeks. Phillips missed over a month earlier in the season also and there's talk he might be out for most of the rest of the season. Poveda is also out for most of the rest of the year.

They are a newly promoted side with nowhere near the same squad outlay as Liverpool, yet you don't hear the media banging on about their injuries.....

That's how the EPL is reported.

We beat Spurs or Liverpool 70-80% of the time spent analysing the game will be about those teams not us.

Fabinho, VVD, Gomez, Matip, Jota... all genuine starters. I'm aware Leeds have had a few injuries, not nearly as bad as we have had though. That's probs why the media arent banging on about it.
You have much better depth players than Leeds too though so not sure what you're getting at.

Liverpool's resources are a billion times better than that of Leeds.

You have much better depth players than Leeds too though so not sure what you're getting at.

Liverpool's resources are a billion times better than that of Leeds.
Sure but the amount of injuries we have had hurts any depth really as you've seen this season with having to play R.Williams and Phillips. Part of that is on management though for starting the season with 3 senior CB's, two of whom are injury prone. Still it's a rough, rough season for injuries which has completely derailed our season.

But we fight on, still lots to play for, must secure top four and one foot in the QF's of the CL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back