EPL Matchday 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Lo Celso and Ndembele can be something special. Find a top DM to play with them and we might be able to compete in midfield again. Winks for me is not progressing. Good as a squadie but not really good enough to be a starter. But then you could say the same about Henderson so who knows
Lo Celso - Winks - Ndombele could be the engine room moving forward.
With Gedson, Dier and either Sissoko or a new mid purchased next window.
Or Winks becomes a squad player, and we line up a proper assertive DM (Zakaria, Tousart, Soumare, etc).

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Fans will be fans, I’m only having a laugh. Although when you pipped is to the title last year I don’t remember our fans crying conspiracy, that’s even factoring in the FFP stuff that got largely swept under the carpet, we just accepted that there was someone better. I just find it a bit odd how rabid City fans are with this stuff, but as I said we were probably similar years ago with Ferguson and United.

What do you think Pep was getting at with his comments? Whatever he was trying to say the guy doesn’t help himself sometimes, the timing alone means he comes across as a sore loser regardless. Needs to pick his moments better, his criticising of City fans not selling out a game last week being another example of that.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
The league would prefer a title race at least until April. But with the way it's all setup with a top 4 race and relegation battle there will always be 2 out of the 3 that will become the major focus for the final 2-3 months

City fans are soiling themselves over Pep’s comments after the game, the tinfoil hat brigade out in force at their supreme leader standing up against LiVARpool corruption (even though I don’t even think that’s what he was actually doing).

They are such a weird fan base. I wonder if we were that bad when United were dominant, claiming Fergie time and Howard Webb is a Manc etc. We probably were to be fair. I guess it’s not until you’re the other side that you realise how ridiculous you look.
LOL

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wonder when we were dominating if we spent as much time fretting about another club's manager and supporters.

Cheers for the daily Pep updates anyway, much appreciated.

You are a very funny fan base, I don't think that's the same as fretting. A lot of people like to laugh at Liverpool's fan base, including City fans when they aren't more concerned about the league being fixed. It's just part and parcel of being a football fan, being able to laugh at how ridiculous each other are. You guys at the moment are absolutely mental.

What happened to your weekly "it's going to be so embarrassing if Liverpool don't win the league comfortably considering they think they have the best players in every position" posts? They were really funny.

I don't really talk about Pep much at all, but found his comments (and timing) about Liverpool this morning interesting, and then the reaction from City fans to them amusing. That's all.

You are a very funny fan base, I don't think that's the same as fretting. A lot of people like to laugh at Liverpool's fan base, including City fans when they aren't more concerned about the league being fixed. It's just part and parcel of being a football fan, being able to laugh at how ridiculous each other are. You guys at the moment are absolutely mental.

What happened to your weekly "it's going to be so embarrassing if Liverpool don't win the league comfortably considering they think they have the best players in every position" posts? They were really funny.

I don't really talk about Pep much at all, but found his comments (and timing) about Liverpool this morning interesting, and then the reaction from City fans to them amusing. That's all.

LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand how winning the CL isn’t the most important trophy in the world for City fans?

Dunno, most I know can take or leave it.

For me the league is always the trophy you want to win.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Dunno, most I know can take or leave it.

For me the league is always the trophy you want to win.
If someone said to me you can have the EPL trophy but you can’t have the CL trophy as well, geez. Only because it has been 30 years would I accept. There’s more prestige, money and status for your club for winning the CL.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Fans will be fans, I’m only having a laugh. Although when you pipped is to the title last year I don’t remember our fans crying conspiracy, that’s even factoring in the FFP stuff that got largely swept under the carpet, we just accepted that there was someone better. I just find it a bit odd how rabid City fans are with this stuff, but as I said we were probably similar years ago with Ferguson and United.

What do you think Pep was getting at with his comments? Whatever he was trying to say the guy doesn’t help himself sometimes, the timing alone means he comes across as a sore loser regardless. Needs to pick his moments better, his criticising of City fans not selling out a game last week being another example of that.
well when else is he going to point out the double standard? scudamore's comment was bizarre then and still is. the hysteria both ways is tiresome and i dont really pay much attention to it anymore honestly.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If someone said to me you can have the EPL trophy but you can’t have the CL trophy as well, geez. Only because it has been 30 years would I accept. There’s more prestige, money and status for your club for winning the CL.
it changes nothing for us. what, people are suddenly going to respect us if we win the cl?

There’s more prestige, money and status for your club for winning the CL.

I'm sure people at the club consider those things important, but we've got plenty of money and prestige/status doesn't matter too much to me.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm sure people at the club consider those things important, but we've got plenty of money and prestige/status doesn't matter too much to me.
Your hierarchy considers the CL trophy to be the most important of them all.
it changes nothing for us. what, people are suddenly going to respect us if we win the cl?
Absolutely. City are a very good EPL side. To be recognised as the best in Europe you need to win the Champions League.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Absolutely. City are a very good EPL side. To be recognised as the best in Europe you need to win the Champions League.
we'll forever be howled down as cheats, lottery winners and all that jazz. hardly matters what we do really.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Why do Liverpool care so much about City?
Its amazing, I've browsed through the comments section of some of the match reports of our game and most of them are Liverpool supporters making some disparaging remarks about City and then having to mention how good Liverpool are.

Maybe, although they've never said that publicly. Guardiola has always said that the league is the first priority.

If they do think it's most important that's up to them. I don't have to agree, and I'd guess the majority of the fanbase would feel likewise.

Also does Lloris save penalties against anyone else?
fbl-eng-pr-tottenham-arsenal-5c7b80cf923e457769000001.jpg

Why do Liverpool care so much about City?
Keep reading back in here and checking twitter etc. Can't see what it is that City fans have said to provoke such a conversation.
Weird obsession really by a small subsection of pool fans.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
fbl-eng-pr-tottenham-arsenal-5c7b80cf923e457769000001.jpg

Keep reading back in here and checking twitter etc. Can't see what it is that City fans have said to provoke such a conversation.
Weird obsession really by a small subsection of pool fans.
It is a forum with discussion about football. How does your weird logic determine that Pool fans have a weird obsession about City? Does honest questions cause you angst?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back