EPL Matchday 25

Maybe but on the balance of play/shots/chances Tottenham probably should have won. Result doesn’t say that though so if you got on it then a nice profit 👍
It is interesting mental gymnastics.

When we had less shots that our opponents (like West Ham) less possession (like West Ham) and sat on a lead (like West Ham) we were s**t, played s**t, looked like s**t, and Jose’s negative football wasn’t the Tottenham way.

Now gloating about making some $$$ from a game that arguably shouldn’t have been a loss... playing the way ge wants us to be haha.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Maybe but on the balance of play/shots/chances Tottenham probably should have won. Result doesn’t say that though so if you got on it then a nice profit 👍
Yeah we actually made a game of it in the second half and should have nicked a point. But even then our best 2 chances was an own goal from a clearance & then the ricochet off Son. Kane wasteful which was unusual.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Surprised to see this xG result since it felt like we played well out there. But at the same time as much as we had control of the game many of our shots were low % looks. The xG also doesn't include the clearance away from Son/Dele or the ricochet that hit the post

1613960806563.png

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Made it easy to do that with two goals early in halves. Not sure what we were doing for the first 15 mins of the game
I think there's a stat where a fair few goals we score either first 15 or last 15, more of a matter of teams sleepwalking at the start and being much fitter at the end of games than what we were under Pellegrini.

But we do love to park the bus post an early lead and then play on the counter. And with how well say Ogbonna and Dawson have played, it's been pretty successful. We defend much better being able to setup vs teams playing on the counter with pace and long balls.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Genuinely couldn't be happier for West Ham and it support base.

If I had a second team, it would be them, but for a club their size, I've often been disappointed at their inability to regularly be in the top half of the table, so it is nice to see things clicking for them.

I'm also an unabashed admirer of Declan Rice and it really is only pig-headedness of Chelsea decision makers that they refused Frank Lampard's numerous requests to bring him in, I think because they don't won't to lose face at an ex-Chelsea academy prospect returning to the club. Instead they'd rather squander hundreds of millions on players that aren't up to the rigours of the English game. In addition, Fabianski is one seriously underrated keeper that I also really like.

Anyway, this isn't about Rice, rather being pleased for those Irons fans out there; you guys deserve your place in the top 4!

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Genuinely couldn't be happier for West Ham and it support base.

If I had a second team, it would be them, but for a club their size, I've often been disappointed at their inability to regularly be in the top half of the table, so it is nice to see things clicking for them.

I'm also an unabashed admirer of Declan Rice and it really is only pig-headedness of Chelsea decision makers that they refused Frank Lampard's numerous requests to bring him in, I think because they don't won't to lose face at an ex-Chelsea academy prospect returning to the club. Instead they'd rather squander hundreds of millions on players that aren't up to the rigours of the English game. In addition, Fabianski is one seriously underrated keeper that I also really like.

Anyway, this isn't about Rice, rather being pleased for those Irons fans out there; you guys deserve your place in the top 4!
How much do you think Rice is worth?

Chelsea have bought back players we've let go before, we would also have bouggt Lukaku back if it wasnt for his manager.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Chelsea have bought back players we've let go before, we would also have bouggt Lukaku back if it wasnt for his manager.
Plus you have a bloke called Ngolo Kante who has been the best DM in the world as well as Jorginho and Kovacic.

Wasn't one of the reasons lampard was sacked because he kept insisting on trying to get Rice?

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Wasn't one of the reasons lampard was sacked because he kept insisting on trying to get Rice?
I dont think it was one of the reason(he was sacked for on field reasons), but as much as i want Rice myself you can understand why the board didnt want to spend £80+m on a DM. And they didnt Lamps pushing it.

I dont think it was one of the reason(he was sacked for on field reasons), but as much as i want Rice myself you can understand why the board didnt want to spend £80+m on a DM. And they didnt Lamps pushing it.

Yeah just thought it was one of the points in that Athletic article. Reckon he'd be a bit annoyed if you still go out and get Rice haha. (I get that there were other causes of his sacking as well though)

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If I was Chelsea and I was interested in Sancho, I'd offer Dortmund 60-70m and see if theyd take Havertz on loan. Get one of the best in the world and then help develop Havertz into a better player aswell.
Dortmund get another attacking threat to help ease the loss.

If Havertz is going to make it at Chelsea he should be sticking with English football, we know how good he can be, he has already shown that in Germany. Just papering over the cracks if they sent him back to get form.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If Havertz is going to make it at Chelsea he should be sticking with English football, we know how good he can be, he has already shown that in Germany. Just papering over the cracks if they sent him back to get form.
That's true, no one's ever left Chelsea and gone to Germany and come back a better player.

That's true, no one's ever left Chelsea and gone to Germany and come back a better player.

But not back to Chelsea.

The signs early after De Bruyne returned from Bremen should have been enough for Chelsea and Mou to stick with him, they didn't.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
But not back to Chelsea.

The signs early after De Bruyne returned from Bremen should have been enough for Chelsea and Mou to stick with him, they didn't.
I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm saying to protect a huge investment whilst also bringing in Jadon Sancho makes huge sense to me. Can't get Sancho without getting rid of some attacking players, squads bloated

Back