Premier Lg EPL Matchday 26 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

This is frankly embarrassing by Antony.
  • Image 1 he is goal side of Gakpo who releases the pass to Salah
  • Image 2 I have no idea what he is doing, he is jogging to the sideline or something.
  • Image 3 Gapko is 35m forward of him chipping in a goal.
Now I know Antony is not a defender but this is pathetic effort by him.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.19.55 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.20.54 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.21.50 am.png

Piss poor attempt by Antony to foul Gakpo. That's where you stop the attack with a cynical foul and cop the yellow card.
And the key difference - if it was Antony or Fernandes they would have taken the fall to draw the card.

But Gakpo took the contact, got on his bike and made something happen.

That right there was the mentality difference between the two teams yesterday.

In the long run I think it is actually a good thing for United. Fernandes should never wear the captains arm band again. He can play but he is not a leader. United still have missing pieces all over the park and leaders is one of them.

I look forward to seeing you melt when City win the league
Why would I melt? I don’t think any Arsenal fan expected us to be in the position we are in. I’m glad the team is playing great football again and getting results to match. Winning the league would be brilliant but nobody went into this season with that expectation.

Whatever happens I’ll be proud either way.

Piss poor attempt by Antony to foul Gakpo. That's where you stop the attack with a cynical foul and cop the yellow card.

Yeah you just run through the back of him and claim "tangle of legs, ref". You're always going to a yellow but it has to be done. Then he stopped chasing. It was 1-0 at that stage and a 2nd goal probably kills the game.

Remember this wouldn't have happened if Ronaldo was still there.

Still time for you to bottle the league this season, you did almost lose to Bournemouth
I think that's the thing tho. I think most of us still expect City to climb over the top of us for the actual title. But this season has been such a thrill ride that as an Arsenal fan, you can only be happy with the outcome of the season, irrelevant of what it turns out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming into this season my thoughts were along the lines of another step forward finish top 4... Continue to build to challenge for title.

To be in the position we are now? Fück me I'm loving it and long may it continue!

It will be hard to stop man City I expect them to come hard at us... But will enjoy every second of this season while I can.

Arsenal team ahead of schedule sits top of the league, Arsenal fans are enjoying the ride considering City have a deeper squad and the best ST in the league.

I haven't met any gooners who expect to win the league this year. And none that will crack the shits considering the goal this year was top 4.

It would be a missed opportunity if we don’t win the league, even allowing for the fact beating city feels like beating the house.

It would be a missed opportunity if we don’t win the league, even allowing for the fact beating city feels like beating the house.
Oh absolutely, if we win it is probably one of the biggest upsets in league history. And I will be devastated if we lose.

But there won't be melts because I didn't expect us to win the league. Melts would kinda be based on expected results. I would have melted big time had we lost at home to Bournemouth.

If Arsenal win it will be a great achievement will also be quite surprise given people's expectations.

But I think people are over egging the pudding a bit with the great underdog story.

They've been one of the biggest spenders in the league for a few years now, and look to have built a top quality squad.

Will they last the distance? Maybe, and if they do it will be a great achievement. But they're no Leicester 15/16, not even close.

If Arsenal win it will be a great achievement will also be quite surprise given people's expectations.

But I think people are over egging the pudding a bit with the great underdog story.

They've been one of the biggest spenders in the league for a few years now, and look to have built a top quality squad.

Will they last the distance? Maybe, and if they do it will be a great achievement. But they're no Leicester 15/16, not even close.

Has anyone said they'd be akin to Leicester?

Lets be honest I don't think we will see another Leicester 15/16 in the next 20 years, especially with the fact we have big money teams in Arsenal/City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool who are now joined by Newcastle, potentially joined by Tottenham (weren't there rumours of a buyout not too long ago).

The Leicester story now would be like if Brighton won the league.

Lets be honest I don't think we will see another Leicester 15/16 in the next 20 years, especially with the fact we have big money teams in Arsenal/City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool who are now joined by Newcastle, potentially joined by Tottenham (weren't there rumours of a buyout not too long ago).

The Leicester story now would be like if Brighton won the league.

The Spurs rumour was just to jack up the United price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back