1-6 v Spurs L
0-0 v Chelsea
0-1 v Arsenal L
0-0 v City
0-0 v Liverpool
0-0 v Arsenal
0-0 v Chelsea

Thats ******* pathetic if you ask me.
Similar to Liverpool’s record against the bottom 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to one A-league game and never watched it again, the quality compared to epl is just non-existent.

That's a shame. WUN's 4-3 win in the 95th minute against Victory on the weekend was a pretty awesome game to watch. The youth players stepping up this season have been fantastic, and it's a really exciting league to watch.

But then I like NBL even though it's not NBA standard, and I even occasionally watch United play.

Pretty silly to expect it to be the same level. The A-league, like any football really, is enjoyable if you can appreciate it for what it is.
Never expected it to be on the same level lol. Even the atomsphere which I'm sure most people go to a-league games for, but me I can't appreciate unfortunately. Just sticking to the AFL when it comes to Australian leagues.

That's a shame. WUN's 4-3 win in the 95th minute against Victory on the weekend was a pretty awesome game to watch. The youth players stepping up this season have been fantastic, and it's a really exciting league to watch.

But then I like NBL even though it's not NBA standard, and I even occasionally watch United play.
That was a very exciting game, may not be same standard but still a good football game. Although having said that the three assists by Diamanti were world class.

I was a cynic but last 12 months the entertainment value has lifted substantially. They should’ve expanded years earlier and given young players more opportunity

That was a very exciting game, may not be same standard but still a good football game. Although having said that the three assists by Diamanti were world class.

I was a cynic but last 12 months the entertainment value has lifted substantially. They should’ve expanded years earlier and given young players more opportunity

100%. When we won the Asian Cup and WSW won the ACL they should have looked to expand aggressively then and take advantage of the mood. They've waited too long IMO but if this season continues the way it's started, there could be a resurgence in interest. I also get the feeling Fox may realise they need to hang onto the A-League which might help boost the coffers.

Imports like Diamanti, Lopez at Adelaide, Sanchez at WUN, even Gestede starting to get going at Victory, all looking great. Then some of the youngsters like Kuol at CCM have been awesome to watch.

Never expected it to be on the same level lol. Even the atomsphere which I'm sure most people go to a-league games for, but me I can't appreciate unfortunately. Just sticking to the AFL when it comes to Australian leagues.
To be fair, IMO, the only club that actually generates consistently anything close to an atmosphere resembling Europe is Perth Glory.

I lived there in the late 90's and 2000's and the Shed end was incredible which was evident on TV too. Even now, if I do tune in, it will be to watch Perth home games.

That being said, I've gone off the A-League that past 5-6 years in any event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back