EPL Matchday 26

To be fair, IMO, the only club that actually generates consistently anything close to an atmosphere resembling Europe is Perth Glory.

I lived there in the late 90's and 2000's and the Shed end was incredible which was evident on TV too. Even now, if I do tune in, it will be to watch Perth home games.

That being said, I've gone off the A-League that past 5-6 years in any event.

Victory?

So I could give it a whirl.

Oh right, I thought you had Fox and were complaining it was clogging it up or something haha.

ABC shows the 5pm Saturday game on FTA, but yeah would be good if Optus got it. You might be surprised. Plus it's actually fun watching football with fans in the stands this season haha.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh right, I thought you had Fox and were complaining it was clogging it up or something haha.

ABC shows the 5pm Saturday game on FTA, but yeah would be good if Optus got it. You might be surprised. Plus it's actually fun watching football with fans in the stands this season haha.
Yeah, if it was on Optus I'd have it on if I was home/able to watch it etc.

I do wonder if they make a bid for it?

Yeah, if it was on Optus I'd have it on if I was home/able to watch it etc.

I do wonder if they make a bid for it?

Reckon they will, especially if they do lose the CL.

I think Stan are definitely making a bid. Optus needs to keep up and have a product on during the day hours that they can show in pubs. They have the J-League but don't think there's as much interest in that as there would be for an improving A-League product.

If there's a bidding war between Stan, Optus, Fox and this Sports Flick, A-League might be able to get a decent rights package out of it which can go to improving the quality further and maybe expanding the league again.

There's a lot of talk about a second division (disconnected to begin with) so if we did get pro/rel down the line I think that would be a huge boost in interest too.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Nothing on Glory fans IMO.

I'm a Melburnian that lived in Perth for a number of years at the height of the Glory era when they were getting fall houses particulalry during the Bernd Stange era and despite going to a lot of Victory games, it really is nothing on Glory's support.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Reckon they will, especially if they do lose the CL.

I think Stan are definitely making a bid. Optus needs to keep up and have a product on during the day hours that they can show in pubs. They have the J-League but don't think there's as much interest in that as there would be for an improving A-League product.

If there's a bidding war between Stan, Optus, Fox and this Sports Flick, A-League might be able to get a decent rights package out of it which can go to improving the quality further and maybe expanding the league again.

There's a lot of talk about a second division (disconnected to begin with) so if we did get pro/rel down the line I think that would be a huge boost in interest too.
I have Stan so that wouldn't be the worst outcome (from a selfish POV).

I won't be bothering with SF.

Nothing on Glory fans IMO.

I'm a Melburnian that lived in Perth for a number of years at the height of the Glory era when they were getting fall houses particulalry during the Bernd Stange era and despite going to a lot of Victory games, it really is nothing on Glory's support.

I mean that being said I also think the great European atmosphere is hideously overhyped. Having been at Anfield and watched the YNWA chant pre-match and then absolute silence all match, I don't think people can really hang their hat too much on the much lauded European atmosphere.

I have Stan so that wouldn't be the worst outcome (from a selfish POV).

I won't be bothering with SF.

Stan would charge you an extra $10 a month to get the Sports package though (or at least that's their current charge just for the Rugby).

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Stan would charge you an extra $10 a month to get the Sports package though (or at least that's their current charge just for the Rugby).
it will be interesting to see how they do with rugby coverage. optus went above and beyond with their coverage and on demand library. fox imo doesnt do nearly enough to promote the game to us. there are so many things that should be celebrated currently about the a league. the future national players just getting their start at their clubs, the amount of diversity on show, the continual improvement and popularity of the women's game. why arent they bombarding us with this on their own network? i've seen twitter pages from outside australia put in more effort on showcasing our players than fox does.

you keep playing these guys, put the money back into youth and watch the quality rise. if people outside the country are willing to do research from the other side of the world, what is stopping fox shouting from the rooftops about how good these guys can be.

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers

is this a live game, I have been trying to see when the game is on tv.....so every sat 5pm?

is this a live game, I have been trying to see when the game is on tv.....so every sat 5pm?

Yep the live game every Saturday at 5pm (assuming there's a Saturday game). I'm not sure what they've done recently when there were postponements on the Saturday.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I'm not looking forward to Chelsea's away game against Liverpool this week, particularly if this is anything to go by.

Premier League's 'Big Six' Mini-League

CLUBPWDLGDPTS
1. Man City8521+1217
2. Liverpool7421+414
3. Tottenham8314+210
4. Arsenal7214-37
5. Chelsea7133-56
6. Man United7052-65
Are we 1 win 1 draw under Tuchel?

Back