EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d have the future England captain in your team in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does this have to do with what I am objecting to?

You seemingly are proud he made despicable remarks towards an official. Classless behaviour from him.

said previously i think the sleeve thing is rubbish and that's proven again. it's clearly handball, and those sorts should always be handball no matter where on the arm it hits. it's not a shot taken from 20cm away, but this stupid sleeve rule gives refs an out from making a decision

Yeah he got his body positioning all wrong and ended up controlling with his arm instead of his chest. there can be no benefit of the doubt given here. like you say the ball wasnt booted in to him at close range.

It sounds like to me the VAR is suggesting that it may have hit his sleeve so therefore it cannot be handball. Which is crazy thinking. What really is concerning is the on field referee not viewing this on the monitor. Play was stopped anyway - why would you not suggest the referee consult the monitor if you are on VAR?

Watched the game in VR yesterday. Totally different way of viewing, can see all the runs, defensive positioning etc. Much closer to how you watch a game in Rreal life, and while not perfect (you're above the crowd, not with it and the flight of balls hoofed in the air can be a bit confusing) it's as close as you're going to get to being at a game without actually being at a game.

Can see this being the normal in 5 years time. Especially for O/S supporters I reckon it'll be a great development.

Watched the game in VR yesterday. Totally different way of viewing, can see all the runs, defensive positioning etc. Much closer to how you watch a game in Rreal life, and while not perfect (you're above the crowd, not with it and the flight of balls hoofed in the air can be a bit confusing) it's as close as you're going to get to being at a game without actually being at a game.

Can see this being the normal in 5 years time. Especially for O/S supporters I reckon it'll be a great development.

Sounds like it could have an awful impact on crowds if people can experience it just as easily from home.

I'm a fan of Frank, and understand his frustration but he needs to be fined for those comments.

It seems a few peoples heads have fallen off since yesterday, but refs and VAR have been making these types of decisions every week for years now. It won't change until Mike Riley is sacked.

Despicable remarks. I hope you are outraged.

Art Vandelay will be outraged.

Outraged at publicly undermining referees via disparaging comment. Yes.

That should all be done away from the cameras and reporters.

Hardly controversial a viewpoint, except for maybe you who seem to support his actions, and the halfwit agreeing with you tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you watch it in VR?

How did you watch it in VR?
Sky Worlds from the Oculus Store. Seems to be a few games each week.
No subscription required to watch.

Last edited:
Don’t think he should be fined at all when he’s just saying it how it is. Clear cut penalty somehow missed, like how was it ‘not’ given a penalty? Clear as day.
He went a bit beyond that.

It's like you on an upper level, you can pretty much see anywhere on the pitch.

If you want to see how a defence sets up off the ball just look that way, if you want to see what the keeper does when the ball is at the other end, just look over to him. There was one bit at the end where an Everton player had the ball on the right and I could see Kenny start a run from left back which ended up as a shot. You'd never get that off TV.

Picture quality isn't great, but it isn't great from an upper tier in real life anyway. And my eyesight is rubbish so it might just be me.

You have a TV screen which you can position in your line of sight as you want (I had it to the side so it didn't interrupt my view but I could turn around and look if I wanted more detail).

Audio quality is what you get on TV, but I bet it will be more like being in a crowd before too long. I didn't try to turn the commentary off but might have a look at the cup final today. It's on Sky Worlds I think.

Last edited:
Outraged at publicly undermining referees via disparaging comment. Yes.

That should all be done away from the cameras and reporters.

Hardly controversial a viewpoint, except for maybe you who seem to support his actions, and the halfwit agreeing with you tonight.

You seem like the sort of bloke who’d also oppose a federal ICAC

Sounds like it could have an awful impact on crowds if people can experience it just as easily from home.

As someone who loves football and VR this is actually great for someone like me. I haven't been able to get back to London to watch Arsenal, so I would watch it in VR if I could. But nothing is ever going to replace the matchday experience.

You seem like the sort of bloke who’d also oppose a federal ICAC

Considering he was opposed to everything Dan did in Victoria because it saved lives, you would probably be correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back