Premier Lg EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like this board nowadays. Sad not much actual discussion goes on anymore.

Been basically this way for years. Used to enjoy posting here but seems like a lot of places on the internet people with too much time on their hands can't have a proper discussion without attacking a posters team or continuing on some prior argument. Yet when in person I've had some great discussions about the game with United, Arsenal and Spurs fans, funny that.

The Forest/Liverpool match needed the referee from the Valencia/Real Madrid game.

Nunez goal was 38 seconds over the original minimum of 8 minutes.

During that 8 minutes, Nottingham Forest had 2 players booked for time-wasting and there were 4 corners.

There’s really no legitimate complaint to make about this. Maybe if they hadn’t been time wasting the ref would’ve blown his whistle hard on the 8:00 minute mark.

Nunez goal was 38 seconds over the original minimum of 8 minutes.

During that 8 minutes, Nottingham Forest had 2 players booked for time-wasting and there were 4 corners.

There’s really no legitimate complaint to make about this. Maybe if they hadn’t been time wasting the ref would’ve blown his whistle hard on the 8:00 minute mark.

Not denying that at all. Just saying there are refs in other leagues where they will just blow the whistle when there is still time to play (probably not the best time keepers lol). The Valencia/RM game had a VAR/referee checking the monitor check in injury time for a penalty shout and that took around 2 and a half minutes, so the match should have really ended at around 90+10 and not a minute and a half earlier. I guess we are fortunate in the PL that referees will let an attack develop in full right at the end of injury time.

Not denying that at all. Just saying there are refs in other leagues where they will just blow the whistle when there is still time to play (probably not the best time keepers lol). The Valencia/RM game had a VAR/referee checking the monitor check in injury time for a penalty shout and that took around 2 and a half minutes, so the match should have really ended at around 90+10 and not a minute and a half earlier. I guess we are fortunate in the PL that referees will let an attack develop in full right at the end of injury time.
Don't like the idea that you can't call full time if a team is attacking. If its full time it's full time and it doesn't matter where the ball is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. After this happened.

So it was a good decision to give the ball to Liverpool?

I've not seen it, but I presume that what happens after a decision is made still doesn't affect whether it was the correct decision or not.

I've not seen it, but I presume that what happens after a decision is made still doesn't affect whether it was the correct decision or not.

The exact same scenario happened in reverse in the first half and Forest were given the ball so yes.

Danns was standing still, and being blocked. And that was marginal.
My opinion (of course, no facts here) was that the Forest call was a grab and hold someone on the move
I would have been filthy if that wasn’t given if the same happened down our end and wasnt given.

In the en, it doesn’t matter, does it?
VVD had his shirt blatantly held from a corner as he was trying to go for the ball half way through the second half, but they dismissed that one too.

Justice served. Liverpool should’ve had the ball at the recommencement of play due to the foul on Konate. In this case two wrongs made a right as both incidents happened in the same play. What a match!

Not for 30 glorious seconds

That's what cash out is for. You're essentially at that moment gambling that your final pay out will be more than your cash out. If you only stand to win another 10% then you may as well take it.

That's what cash out is for. You're essentially at that moment gambling that your final pay out will be more than your cash out. If you only stand to win another 10% then you may as well take it.
Like I had time for a cash out, by the time Romero had pumped his fist to celebrate Chelsea had already equalized

Like I had time for a cash out, by the time Romero had pumped his fist to celebrate Chelsea had already equalized

Oh, you said you had 30 seconds where you were winning $600.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back