EPL Matchday 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Good call.

The plumb line of his knee is by the interpretation of the VAR ref, they draw a line within the program on a 2D picture.

As someone who works in 3d modelling and drafting, he's got that totally wrong.

The line itself is half the thickness of his leg and is aligning it with the outside of his leg.

They are a using really crude drawing settings for something they are trying to determine decisions on a small scale....

Last edited:
The line of his knee is by the interpretation of the VAR ref, they draw a line within the program on a 2D picture.

As someone who works in 3d modelling and drafting, he's got that totally wrong.
How? His body is facing towards the camera and his left toe is on the same line as the Hammers player, then his other knee is bent past that.

I literally have no clue how hand ball works anymore.

It would've been harsh on Phillips, but if Rice's shot doesn't hit his arm, its a goal.

On top of that, others are paid when the ball hitting the players arm has no chance of being a goal, which is why I couldn't believe all the drama about Husdon-Odoi's hand ball being paid against United when both players were running away from goal and rightfully, IMO, wasn't paid.

So you want VAR to overturn a correct call?
No, I don't want VAR to overturn "correct" calls, but my point was that I don't think players should be called for offside for a bees dick offside if in fact that was offside. Most sports want to encourage more scoring but football, particularly through VAR, is actually creating the opposite effect.

No, I don't want VAR to overturn "correct" calls, but my point was that I don't think players should be called for offside for a bees dick offside if in fact that was offside. Most sports want to encourage more scoring but football, particularly through VAR, is actually creating the opposite effect.
So your complaint is with the linesman for flagging him offside?

Well deserved Hammers. Poor defending at corners once again and shocking finishing by us. Bad Bamford tonight, had a couple of sitters. Mind you Hammers hit the woodwork three times. Starting Costs ahead of Harrison was a mistake and starting Roberts always is.

Another thing was how Hammers looked far more physically imposing than us.

Well I'm just trying to understand how this gripe is with VAR when the linesman has flagged for offside and VAR has shown him to be correct.
Easy to understand; the offside rule in general, be it the linesman or VAR and whoever is adjudicating and / or reviewing the decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy to understand; the offside rule in general, be it the linesman or VAR and whoever is adjudicating and / or reviewing the decisions.

I agree that the offside rule should be changed.

Well deserved Hammers. Poor defending at corners once again and shocking finishing by us. Bad Bamford tonight, had a couple of sitters. Mind you Hammers hit the woodwork three times. Starting Costs ahead of Harrison was a mistake and starting Roberts always is.

Another thing was how Hammers looked far more physically imposing than us.
Could have easily been a 5 to 4 sort of scoreline, was pretty end to end and we rode our luck in the 2nd half a bit.

Happy to take the points in the end, the physically imposing comment is an interesting one, I almost feel like you need a real bona-fide center back who is imposing in the Dawson sort of mould, but you have Koch to come back and Llorente still settling in etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back