EPL Matchday 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get what you mean.

Werner was ruled offside in that image.
I'm saying that it was given hand ball because it was determined that the ball hit below the t-shirt sleeve line. Werner was given offside because it was determined that his t-shirt sleeve line was in front of the Liverspud player.

I'm saying that it was given hand ball because it was determined that the ball hit below the t-shirt sleeve line. Werner was given offside because it was determined that his t-shirt sleeve line was in front of the Liverspud player.
I don't think it did hit him below the sleeve line.

It looks like it does, video wasn't conclusive so they went with what the ref said. It's not clear and obvious he was wrong.
I'm fine with it being handball. But then I don't think we should be calling offsides for that part of the body.

But your first comment was that they used the same body part? You can't simultaneously be offside and guilty of handball with the same body part.

I think he means they as in VAR/ref.

Yeah I know, so if VAR has used the same part of the shirt to deem a handball as they have to deem an offside, then that's the issue, isn't it?

Yeah I know, so if VAR has used the same part of the shirt to deem a handball as they have to deem an offside, then that's the issue, isn't it?
Yeah but then Brades is saying that the ball hit Havertz below the mark.

Just wasn’t our night. Couldn’t finish and set pieces continue to be a problem. Other than thought we played well. Wasn’t the worst loss I’ve ever watched.
Win, lose or draw watching Leeds play for 90 minutes is great they don't stop attacking nor do they drop their heads no matter what the scoreline is and keep playing their game plan from start to finish, a pleasure to watch.

When has a “t-shirt line” come into it? Never heard about it until last night..

Clear handball though, it wasn’t his shoulder and you can’t control a ball like he did with a shoulder.

When has a “t-shirt line” come into it? Never heard about it until last night..

Clear handball though, it wasn’t his shoulder and you can’t control a ball like he did with a shoulder.

Because at the start of this season handball was redefined to be the arm and not the shoulder, with the shoulder ending at the shirt sleeve line essentially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have easily been a 5 to 4 sort of scoreline, was pretty end to end and we rode our luck in the 2nd half a bit.

Happy to take the points in the end, the physically imposing comment is an interesting one, I almost feel like you need a real bona-fide center back who is imposing in the Dawson sort of mould, but you have Koch to come back and Llorente still settling in etc.

Hammers only really switched on after Leeds had the ball in the net twice but disallowed both times. Not much that Lingard tried came off including the missed penalty. Hammers were really sloppy with the ball 2nd half. Take the 3 points and move on. It's a good habit to not play great but win.

Dawson should be considered for England the way he is defending and a threat at corners.

Hammers only really switched on after Leeds had the ball in the net twice but disallowed both times. Not much that Lingard tried came off including the missed penalty. Hammers were really sloppy with the ball 2nd half. Take the 3 points and move on. It's a good habit to not play great but win.

Dawson should be considered for England the way he is defending and a threat at corners.

Worked out in the end but when I saw it live I thought it was a pretty averagely taken penalty. Very saveable shot and lucky that the ball rebounded amazingly for him.

Very late to the party of PL football this weekend, so have just somewhat caught up.

Something just isn’t quite right at Liverpool, these sorts of results at home are troubling. Fulham’s goal though, I couldn’t help but say to myself that it’s not often you see Salah stay on his feet with that kind of contact in the box.

United impressive, City still in complete command of the title. It’s the kind of result (the winning streak coming to and end) that perhaps can annoy them just enough to galvanise the squad further with still other trophies within their grasp.

Spurs forwards have clicked, one touch volleys/crosses I really enjoy seeing. The skill level involved etc. Whatever combination of centre halves Arsenal choose for the NLD (Arteta seems to change them every match) will have their work cut out.

It was a sh*t penalty and he got lucky with the rebound. Declan to take the next one.
Yep Declan said as much after the game.

Think we hadn't won a penalty all season before Lingard joined, and he's won both for us now IIRC. He really has given us something in terms of running at defenders, a yard of pace and his ball control / work rate in the middle of the park.

I will say that Raphinia probably gave Coufal the most trouble out of any LW he's had to face this season also, very tricky customer.

Time for Klipperty to go have heard some say he has enough runs in the bank for the next few years. LOL. What if just kept losing its okay hes got runs in the bank. This is not just on Klopp this is on the owners and the club. He was forced for 3 f years to play the front three of Salah, Mane and Firmino (with minimal lengthy changes/rotation) ultimately thrashing them into the ground.

Players are shot. No confidence. 6 home losses in a row. Unheard of. Time for Klopp to leave and the Owners to sell. Klopp did miracles but he needs a break and we need a change. Even if we have to battle it out for the next few years as we are going nowhere f fast.

City won the war but they were always going to win with their financial power. Inbe4 but "you spent too".

The fact that Klopp was willing to sell Mane (owners playing a part in this) to Barca to get Dembele and strengthen other areas is further proof we are running on a "sell to buy" system and going up against the billionaires at the emptyhad.

Yeah but then Brades is saying that the ball hit Havertz below the mark.
Correct. This is the interpretation

1615278020776.png

Red = Werner's offside line, yellow = Havertz approximate play the ball area (basing that on the decisions that were made at the time)

I'm waiting for the day a striker turns out in AFL style jumpers to get their entire shoulder onside... they just then can't use it to control a ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back