EPL Matchday 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for the scousers (red version sorry Brades).

I don’t know if this is an obvious one or not, but would you rather go invincible and smash the points record for a season or win the Champions League?

So the options are:
1) win the CL and PL but not be invincible
2) Be invincible smash the 100 points barrier but not win the CL
Option one for me. Records are great but they are not trophies. Records can be broken. Trophies are forever.

You wouldn't want to be able to hang one over United at achieving something they never have?

I mean I'd understand prioritising the CL if you hadn't just won it last year.
Winning back to back European Cups is huge and something United haven't done. It would also be number 7. More than double that United have won. Easy decision for me.

I would love to see this Arsenal side against the current Liverpool side.

A combined XI would be interesting for me it's

Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Vieira Gilberto Silva Henderson
Salah Henry Mane
Pires, Lauren, Lehmann all stiff IMO. Cole/Robertson I think you can go either way. Really wanted Bergkamp but I went Hendo for balance.
So tough to leave out Bergkamp and Firmino. I find that Arsenals team had more great individual players whereas we have more grafters in our side.

Like our midfield is completely non remarkable. But they just know how to be effective and how to get the job done. But Vieira as a player is far superior to any midfielder we currently have.

So tough to leave out Bergkamp and Firmino. I find that Arsenals team had more great individual players whereas we have more grafters in our side.

Like our midfield is completely non remarkable. But they just know how to be effective and how to get the job done. But Vieira as a player is far superior to any midfielder we currently have.
Would you change anything about the lineup?

I would have Bergkamp in, Salah out, Henderson out and Pires in. Lauren definitely in as he could defend.
Lauren and Trent I was a bit iffy over. In hindsight, I would probably put Lauren in. The guy was a ******* warrior, he would definitely * your s**t up.

Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Salah Henry Mane
Pires, Lauren, Lehmann all stiff IMO. Cole/Robertson I think you can go either way. Really wanted Bergkamp but I went Hendo for balance.

————Alisson————
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
—-Vieira Henderson-—-
Salah Bergkamp Firmino
————Henry—————-

Mané, Pires, Robertson unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Salah Henry Mane
Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Henderson Vieira
Salah Bergkamp Mane
Henry

So Gilberto Silva out and Bergkamp in.

Firmino and Robbo desperately unlucky and Bergkamp probably ahead of Firmino just because the longer you are retired the more your legend grows. Without looking at stats I reckon Firm would match up pretty well with Bergkamp and he has all of Bergkamps flair too.

Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Henderson Vieira
Salah Bergkamp Mane
Henry

Firmino and Robbo desperately unlucky and Bergkamp probably ahead of Firmino just because the longer you are retired the more your legend grows. Without looking at stats I reckon Firm would match up pretty well with Bergkamp and he has all of Bergkamps flair too.
No way that Bobby has the vision, touch or technique of Bergkamp IMO.

I rate Firmino, but I think he has a long way to go to be considered even close to Bergkamp.

No way that Bobby has the vision, touch or technique of Bergkamp IMO.

I rate Firmino, but I think he has a long way to go to be considered even close to Bergkamp.
Firmino is a striker who has never scored more goals than Bergkamp in a season and Bergkamp was an attacking midfielder. Not even close

Alisson
TAA Campbell VVD Cole
Henderson Vieira
Salah Bergkamp Mane
Henry

You’re funny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back