EPL Matchday 28

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If you found someone who hadn't watched teh PL this season and said this was 2nd v 5th you'd laugh and walk away. The standard of football that Ole puts out is dreadful (I don't actually think he's the manager, pretty sure he's just a figure head and gets everyone else to do it tactics for him. He's never on the sidelines barking orders). Then the Moyesiah did what he did at Everton for so long and set up the stall to steal a goal rather than play against a fragile team.

EDIT: He didn't even make a sub with pretty much the same team that has played in 3 straight games.

Shows how much we have missed Lingard. Looked better since the changes though.
Yeah because you opened up. Such a negative game plan, when you have players that could challenge a fragile ManU defence. Plus Ole goes a bit into his shell in these big games so more attack would have been best form of defence.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Yeah because you opened up. Such a negative game plan, when you have players that could challenge a fragile ManU defence. Plus Ole goes a bit into his shell in these big games so more attack would have been best form of defence.
Moyes unfortunately against the top teams has been too defensive, well against United especially. Just feels like a real lost opportunity compared to how we played against City for instance.

Moyes unfortunately against the top teams has been too defensive, well against United especially. Just feels like a real lost opportunity compared to how we played against City for instance.
If you played against United like you played against us you would have had a big chance of 3 points. Moses is stuck in the past, thinking United is a team to be feared.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
If you played against United like you played against us you would have had a big chance of 3 points. Moses is stuck in the past, thinking United is a team to be feared.
Yep, I think he could have played same team vs. City, but with Benrahma in for Lingard. Suppose Fornals being out also was another factor, but yep he was far too defensive.

No pen for mine, but impossible to feel sorry for Spurs. Great results for us.
Yeah probably good results in both the Spurs and West Ham games. Much prefer to keep in the 4 and lose a bit of ground on United and Leicester than have the teams below catch up.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yeah probably good results in both the Spurs and West Ham games. Much prefer to keep in the 4 and lose a bit of ground on United and Leicester than have the teams below catch up.
I think United and Leicester are locks for top 4 so its only our spot up for grabs.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
If we can work out how to score perhaps.
That would be a start.

You get the feeling that Tuchel thinks you get bonus points for keeping clean sheets, which as lovely as they are, when you also aren't scoring, make for laborious bore fests. I don't know what it is about Chelsea, but they aren't even creating decent chances and with the supposed quality of players at our disposal, makes you question whether a lot of them even have any quality. It is patently obvious they aren't gelling though.

Still think Giroud should've been subbed on with at least half an hour to go.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Would love Mourinho’s opinion on the ongoing unnoticed acts of foul play by his captain.

Give me a spell.

Granit Xhaka does it every week for Arsenal and is a complete shittruck of a footballer. Spurs just giving some back.

Lamela's goal was filthy as * but Arsenal deserved to win by a couple of goals at least.

That would be a start.

You get the feeling that Tuchel thinks you get bonus points for keeping clean sheets, which as lovely as they are, when you also aren't scoring, make for laborious bore fests. I don't know what it is about Chelsea, but they aren't even creating decent chances and with the supposed quality of players at our disposal, makes you question whether a lot of them even have any quality. It is patently obvious they aren't gelling though.

Still think Giroud should've been subbed on with at least half an hour to go.

Trigger warning for Loonerty.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Give me a spell.

Granit Xhaka does it every week for Arsenal and is a complete shittruck of a footballer. Spurs just giving some back.

Lamela's goal was filthy as fu** but Arsenal deserved to win by a couple of goals at least.
Difference being Xhaka gets picked up for all of his numerous stupid moments.

Kane has it in him, but he is never pulled up on it.

Back